Seeing Scotland

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
I was watching "Seeing Scotland" this morning, a STV programme featuring the landscape photographer Charlie Waite. Not seen this before and I would highly recommend it.

Charlie gives useful tips throughout the programme for landscape photography and also highlights many stunning locations.

One thing Charlie Waite did that surprised me was to leave a tag (made from toilet paper I think) on a bush near to a location he wants to return to. Does anyone else do this?

Neil ....

I was watching "Seeing Scotland" this morning, a STV programme featuring the landscape photographer Charlie Waite. Not seen this before and I would highly recommend it.

Charlie gives useful tips throughout the programme for landscape photography and also highlights many stunning locations.

One thing Charlie Waite did that surprised me was to leave a tag (made from toilet paper I think) on a bush near to a location he wants to return to. Does anyone else do this?

Neil ....

Hi Neil

Woudn't dream of it, Seems like littering to me :wacky: I have bookmarked a handheld GPS on a few occasions for the same reason, usually when I come upon somewhere unexpected :) and it's much more reliable :D

seems a bit loopy to me as well,stayed here all my life and ive never used bog roll to remember a pub yet

I heard about this program from my work colleagues, but since I stopped watching TV about 6-months ago I had no idea. Might have to dig out the remote from it's hiding place and work out how to set the VCR again... :)

Just finished watching the DVD 'Seeing Scotland'. Its not very informative as to techniques, its all very general, and he does spend an inordinate amount of time being filmed looking windswept and interesting or driving around to no good effect. However the scenery is fab and he seems very easy going.
So all in all I probably wouldn't buy it (although I did, but I'm not very bright see) but if its on its well worth a scan.

Andy

Sorry but I find his work pretty boring.:shrug:
I watched that programme when it first came on thinking Charlie Waite this will be good. Very disappointed with it.

watched it on sunday mornings cos there was nothing else on,as said good scenery,but he dosent take many pics,could do with more stuff like that bring back andy rouse,cooncil telly though,no yer sky stuff

Back