Seeking advice on my next Camera

Name
Kevin
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, I will soon be in the market to upgrade from my faithful 450d that has served me great as a starter camera a few years back.
The problem I have is what to change too, I am more of a enthusiast photographer although have done a few wedding etc. also like studio shoots.
Im also looking to find something where my lenses will hopefully be compatable so both EF and EF-S, budget wise would be in the region upto high 100s.

Many thanks in advanced for your help on what to choose

Hi, This has got to be one of the most asked questions on photo forums and to be honest there is IMO no right or wrong answer as to what model or even what brand.
The decision is at the end YOURS!!
I have the 1Ds MK II, I no it is an old model but gives out some great photos and is built to last I also own the 600D and again gives out some great photos, what I do like about the 600D is live view. If I could afford it I think I would be looking at the 5D MK II or MK III, I cannot remember seeing a bad report on the 5D MK II.
But as I said it comes down to your choice, maybe try and have a hands on the camera/s you like the sound of.
Russ

If you've got a healthy budget and you want a body compatible with your EF-S lenses as well as EF then you can't go far wrong with a 7D. They're solidly built and have a great set of features that'll ensure you can shoot just about anything and everything with it.

If the 7D is a bit over the top then look at a 60D or a 650D. The 650D is a similar build and has similar ergonomics to your 450D but will be a good update feature wise. The touch screen is excellent but you can use it without and just use the viewfinder as normal. It also has the added attraction of better video capabilities. The 60D is very similar to the 650D in features but has the advantage of a top screen and rear dial for faster settings changes.

I have a 7D and a 5D3 and the wife shoots with a 650D and I recently swapped a 60D for my 7D for the improved AF and MA ability so I've used all the bodies I've reccommended and can honestly say that all of them are great cameras and will give you great results with both EF and EF-S lenses. Hope this helps.

The 7d is the best camera you can put your EFS lenses on. What else is there to consider?

It fits the criteria and is within budget.

Hi
Many thanks for your views, I think i will be going down the route of the 7D. So now to start shopping .

Just to let you know I went ahead with the 7d and loving it

Congrats on your new toy, I hope you find it to be everything you want. Will look out for a few photos coming up.

Back