Sekonic L-758D from Hong Kong

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all :)

Am thinking of picking one of these up for about £220 including shipping and no import tax guarantee. They're approx £400 over here.

Is there any catch ie. will the lightmeter work and transmit over here or does the transmitter work by region?

Cheers, Mark

On fleabay from Hong Kong...Saving £180 is too much to ignore

Matt, did try Digital Rev but they don't have any.

Place I'm looking at is UR Galaxy, seem to have loads of positive feedback and hardly any negs.

Could be completely barking up the wrong tree here, just need to check before buying. If the 758D does go by region, it'll be completely useless....

Any help would be really appreciated as have never purchased from HK before :ty::canon:

I bought a Sekonic L-358 from Kea-Photo from Hong Kong

and he has a L-758D for sale, although he doesn't guarantee no import/vat

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....go=DR&its=S%2BI%2BSS&itu=ISS%2BUCI%2BSI&otn=4

I've bought a number of items from him (Albert) previously, including my 1Ds MKII, and can honestly say, he's one of the good guys, and I have yet to pay any customs/VAT on the items I bought.

Can't answer the question regarding the transmitter?

But you could drop Albert a line, he's very helpful (and canadian)

Cheers Les, will check it out (y)

Will see if I can find the answer online first via Google. If not, will drop him a line.

Have also noticed it being sold for total of £203 (11000+ feedback with lots of contented UK customers), but no guarantee of VAT/Import tax, so am ummming and rrrring at the mo about taking the risk, to save another £15 or so.

Cheers, Mark

Back