Sekonic L-858D / Godox/ Lencarta question

Name
Rick
Edit My Images
No
I have just bought one of these meters, and am wondering if any knows if any of the optional trigger modules will work with Godox / Lencarta receivers?

They say they support:

Elinchrom EL-Skyport

Phottix Strato II

PocketWizard

But don't mention anything about other receivers, I don't really want to chance it, so just wondered anyone had tried it with Godox / Lencarta 2.4 systems with success.

You don't really need a triggering module on a flash meter. Just set it to flash and it'll be ready for 15 secs or so.
I generally have a meter in LH and camera in right.
Point meter at shooting position and fire shutter.

You don't really need a triggering module on a flash meter. Just set it to flash and it'll be ready for 15 secs or so.
I generally have a meter in LH and camera in right.
Point meter at shooting position and fire shutter.

Hi Phil,

That is how I am doing it at the moment, there are some situations where I'd prefer to be able to fire the flash from the meter, though I appreciate it isn't strictly necessary.

I have just bought one of these meters, and am wondering if any knows if any of the optional trigger modules will work with Godox / Lencarta receivers?

They say they support:

Elinchrom EL-Skyport

Phottix Strato II

PocketWizard

But don't mention anything about other receivers, I don't really want to chance it, so just wondered anyone had tried it with Godox / Lencarta 2.4 systems with success.

There are no other transmitters at present so not possible to trigger the flash from the meter and if you want to measure HSS you have to use the camera to send the triggering signal.

Mike

There are no other transmitters at present so not possible to trigger the flash from the meter and if you want to measure HSS you have to use the camera to send the triggering signal.

Mike
Hi Mike,

So using the meter in HSS mode and then triggering the flash from my X32 test button won't measure it correctly?

No because that does not send the HSS pulse, only when the trigger is told by the camera to use HSS will it send the HSS pulse

Mike
Ok, I am using the D600MB set manually to HSS. I have got some strange readings, on 1/1 it will read F32 and then at 1/2 reads under exposed. I'm still learning my way around it at the moment.

Back