Sekor 90mm problem!

Asha

Blithering Idiot
Name
Asha
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi guys,

I've encountered a problem this morning with my Sekor 90mm F/3.8 lens.

It's the version for the RB67 but I've used it on my RZ body without any problems obviously setting shutter speed on the lens as there is no electrical contact between the two components

For some reason today, it refuses to work.
The shutter will not open and indeed the mirror will not lift up inside the body when the shutter release is fired

The body does work perfectly with its 50mm ( RZ) lens so without doubt the issue lies with the 90mm lens.

I know there are allsorts of safety features on the RZ, sometimes too many to remember but I think I've covered them all so has anyone got any ideas….something I've forgotten to set maybe?

Bulb mode set on the lens?

not bulb mode, mirror lock up mode. You know, hit the button on the body then need to release the shutter on the lens.

Last edited:
Well taking the lens off and checking the lens..does it work properly?

Bulb mode set on the lens?

not bulb mode, mirror lock up mode. You know, hit the button on the body then need to release the shutter on the lens.

I knew what you meant lol as there is no B mode only T

Looked at that Steveo and played around with a shutter release cable attached to both body and lens releases but no joy

Well taking the lens off and checking the lens..does it work properly?

AFAIK it's impossible to open the shutter on the lens unless it's attached to the body….or is it possible….If so tell me how please!

AFAIK it's impossible to open the shutter on the lens unless it's attached to the body….or is it possible….If so tell me how please!

You can prod the pins on the lens to cock it and make it fire but I'm in the office and can't be any more specific than prod

I’ve played around again and contrary to what I mentoned about the mirror, it looks like the mirror is lifting when the cocking lever is set on the bodyand the shutter fired BUT the light baffle located behind the mirror is remain in a downward position.

Either way, the s***ter blades of the lens will not open

You can prod the pins on the lens to cock it and make it fire but I'm in the office and can't be any more specific than prod

I never knew how to do that but having watched a u tube vid I have now seen the 50mm lens shutter open and close off camera .

BUT using the same method on the 90mm doesn't make the s***ter blades open.

Does this sound like summat has gone caput inside the mechanism?

I never knew how to do that but having watched a u tube vid I have now seen the 50mm lens shutter open and close off camera .

BUT using the same method on the 90mm doesn't make the s***ter blades open.

Does this sound like summat has gone caput inside the mechanism?

Well the blades can gum up over time as my RB67 180mm only fires after about 12 sec delay...contacted Miles and he wanted £60 for a CLA.

Well the blades can gum up over time as my RB67 180mm only fires after about 12 sec delay...contacted Miles and he wanted £60 for a CLA.

As it is I'm selling my RZ kit. ( I was actually checking the 90mm ready to list it!)

Even if I was to keep the outfit, it wouldn't be financially viable to have this 90mm CLA'd .

I think it is knacked tbh and only good for spares.

I'll keep having a mess with it but I'm not holding out much hope….:(

As it is I'm selling my RZ kit. ( I was actually checking the 90mm ready to list it!)

Even if I was to keep the outfit, it wouldn't be financially viable to have this 90mm CLA'd .

I think it is knacked tbh and only good for spares.

I'll keep having a mess with it but I'm not holding out much hope….:(

Well I don't know about the 90mm but on the 180mm I can see the blades and using lighter fuel on a cotton bud wiped them carefully and it seemed to work until the lighter fuel dried :(. The other bit I tried is where you see the coloured pins to cock the shutter I tried dabbing a bit of lighter fuel around there and that improved the workings that operated the shutter erm until the lighter fuel dried. :(

Back