Selective Colour

IMO good use of the effect on these shots. I like how it defuses the impact of the modern doors and signage in the last shot. Was Hull the only place in the UK that didn't have red phone boxes?

I have some photos taken in the Morgan Car Factory Museum which I think would suit this treatment. Has anyone got a PS tutorial they would share with me?

IMO good use of the effect on these shots. I like how it defuses the impact of the modern doors and signage in the last shot. Was Hull the only place in the UK that didn't have red phone boxes?

I have some photos taken in the Morgan Car Factory Museum which I think would suit this treatment. Has anyone got a PS tutorial they would share with me?

Hi Brian, thanks for your feedback. Yes it was only Hull who never had red phone boxes and to this day are still cream/white.

As for the PS tutorial if you search You Tube there are a few on there and may find one that is easy for you to use as some differ. I learnt this from PhotoPlus Magazine DVD that came with an issue.

If you have any trouble send me a message and will try and help you :)

Hi Martin,

I was in Hull today and noticed a phone box still wearing those colours.

Thanks for the info, I subscribe to Photoplus so will have a root about for the dvd with that lesson on it. I usually just throw the dvds in a drawer !

One of the few occasions when selective colour doesn't offend the eye.

Hi Martin,

I was in Hull today and noticed a phone box still wearing those colours.

Thanks for the info, I subscribe to Photoplus so will have a root about for the dvd with that lesson on it. I usually just throw the dvds in a drawer !

Brian

If you can find issue #73 it will be on that DVD or in the magazine :).

A very professional use of selective colour as the backgrounds are out of context.

They don't all work for me but I do like the ticket machine and phone box.

Hi, Excellent use of the selective colour technique.(y)

Hey these a very good pictures, though picture #4 could do better without LHS exit sign and gates.

Back