Self Adhesive Photo Album Problem??

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

Thanks for looking.

I bought 2 self adhesive photo albums today. (Buy one get One free on selected albums & frames @ Boots - UK! lol)
http://www.boots.com/shop/product_details.jsp?productid=1089243&classificationid=1049912&slmRefer=000

Now, I have used these types of album before but this time i need them to be perfect,
as they are to show all the new photography tricks I've learned with my new camera.

The problem is that no matter how many times i do it, i can never smooth out all of the creases in the film above the photos.
Then i started thinking maybe there is a trick to it that I'm not aware of!

So does anyone have any advice they could offer me for beating the creases back?

Many Thanks in Advance

Simon
:)

its like sticky back plastic! i have always found the best way was to use a ruler to push it down because its a straight edge as u side it along it applies more even pressure and prevents air bubbles. make sence??

thought not but don't really know how else to explain it :shrug:

Also, try to lift off as little as possible - then smooth down using cloth / ruler / sponge pushing out towards a corner - relift and smooth if you get bubbles.

Anth

Rather than use the Self Adhesive albums, I put my best photgraphs onto my computer and I purchased a photobook from http://www.colourmailer.co.uk/ this means the photographs are printed straight onto the pages, so no need for creases.
You can set the photographs out exactly how you want them, and can have as little or as many photographs per page.
Comes bound, with a cover, and delivery, it cost me £21.90....great for wedding photography albums too! ;)

Simon, if theyre the ones im thinking of, you never will. The acetate that covers the adhesive part has no stickyness to it itself, so it wont stick to your photos, it will always just lay on top, every time you turn the page a crease will appear.
The other way you could mount them is, with a scalpal, cut the clear acetate away from the edge of the page, place the print in position then cover the wholepage in a mount cut out the same size, with a cutout for your print. It is a bit time consuming but the end result is well worth it if the prints are important.
Dean:)

As a Scrapbooker, which is all about preserving photos and memories, using plastic albums is not very good if you want to keep your photos for years and years, eventually they will yellow. You need to look for Acid Free photos albums if possible!!!! Lecture over!!!!

Back