Self Portrait (First Attempt)

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
I was trying out some self photography without any pro equipment, just some desk lamps. There should be two pictures below, a dark version and a light version.... All comments welcome.

500x335.aspx

Original Size

500x335.aspx

Original Size

Thanks
Tim

Well, there's a dark version and a darker version...:):) Perhaps a longer exposure...? can't offer much in terms of feedback I'm afraid except that they are both very dark!

Nice idea Tim - but get your desk lamps a little closer.

What editting software do you use? If you have anything with layers capability it will make a huge difference

They're both very dark but I guess that's exactly what you were trying to achieve. I think you need to change your expression slightly too, you look a little startled in these imo. Good first effort though (y)

Thanks for the feedback, it is meant to be relativley dark, still I have a lighter version of the second here:

500x335.aspx

Original Size Here

Johnny, I use Photo Impact 11, which despite what anyone says, is just as good as PhotoShop. I have already done some minor work with layers on this image though...

Thanks All
Tim

lol - I wont go near the audacious claim, but the lighter version is much better imo, though you'll probably want to up the contrast as the darker shots carried more mood (y)

Back