Self Portrait

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys,

Here's one for you a self portrait of me ! :LOL:, does it work ?

Alan

MP3Y8013T.jpg

do you work?

I like the shot though although I also like a crop to just the brim of the cap to move the eyes further up the frame.

Last edited:
Third person here with the same opinion. Love the shot, needs a crop. It looks like an old minor portrait or similar, working class type thing from the 40's.

Could I ask what you've done to this for processing, might have a go myself now I've seen it.

I like the crop as it is. I like the cap, infact I recently purchase one for my 'other half'. Accordingly to our children they are trendy!!!!

For me, seeing the wall behind adds depth to the shot, IMHO :)

Thanks for the feedback guys, will try it with a crop and see how it looks

Alan

I like the crop as it is. I like the cap, infact I recently purchase one for my 'other half'. Accordingly to our children they are trendy!!!!

For me, seeing the wall behind adds depth to the shot, IMHO :)

Just to show what I mean about the crop and it still has the wall for depth.

5924068556_161d83651a_b.jpg

To me, this feels/looks much more intense and almost a Richard Burton feel to it.....it is a cracker of a portrait.

Thanks for that tiler65, I quite like that, Think I'll do that and get it printed out and see what it looks like.

Thanks again

Alan

great portrait, and the crop really works well. I like your pose and the textures, makes me wonder what you're looking at and thinking about.

Back