Self Portrait

Ok, I read something about this, but my wee brain isnt making much sense out of what I read. Is a ring flash? but if so, it must be quite a big ring flash if you can get the fingers of both hands in it. How big is the ring flash? I thought they just fitted around the lens with little or no room to spare.

I like the self portrait by the way.

Ok, I read something about this, but my wee brain isnt making much sense out of what I read. Is a ring flash? but if so, it must be quite a big ring flash if you can get the fingers of both hands in it. How big is the ring flash? I thought they just fitted around the lens with little or no room to spare.

I like the self portrait by the way.

Thanks for the like lol. This is a RayFlash Ringflash on a Nikon SB900. Instead on mounting on the camera though this is on a lightstand so the ringflash is floating just in front of the 10mm lens. I think I have a setup shot I can dig out for you - I'll have a look. Thanks again.

Looks good David.
Can't fault it.
Only thing I'd say is the expression.
Think I'd prefer a more inquisitive / curious look on your face.

Looks good David.
Can't fault it.
Only thing I'd say is the expression.
Think I'd prefer a more inquisitive / curious look on your face.

I concur. But I like this expression too...wonder what you saw through the hole?? :)

In fact, I think this woul be cool if you can make a series out of it. You arriving in the BG to the shot, noticing the ring, coming closer, inquisitive, then putting your hands in (as above), and then...?

Would be a fab series...

Back