Selfie

Edit My Images
Yes
so my new toys arrived today my 100mm f2.8L, yongnuo yn622cs and a 120 by 120 softbox. Tried them all out and thought i would share

Me profile 9 by Danielgiles160986, on Flickr

Lightings not bad, although causing some distracting reflections in your glasses. What you can do about that I have no idea, maybe someone else has a solution. Also with a portrait like this its generally accepted that the eyes need to be sharp, yours seem a little soft while the glasses are tack sharp. Other than that I like the crop.

Hi, I like it but maybe a slightly different angle with the lights to avoid some of the distracting reflections and as mentioned the eyes need to be the point of focusn not the glasses (hard I know, when doing self portraits!)

S

hi Chunky...i had a chap in my primary school class called chunky...
glasses dont work well with the lighting imposing
you may not know it but you could be more photogenic without them or get some frames minus the glass...then we would all say...how did you do that!!!
cut out the tie by cropping and you have a good head shot
cheers
geoff

I don't find the reflection distracting in this image as you cant make it out. I have to say I really like it, it looks like a film still.. I also like the angle of the light in this image, I would normally say that its too low as the nose shadow is going side ways not down.. but for me this works... I also like the crop and composition.. Well done.

To remove the flare from the glasses just tilt the glasses downwards and the light is thrown down as well.

Downwards or turn your head away from the light source a little so the reflection is not headed straight at the lens. In this case, turn your head slightly to your left (camera right) and the reflection is gone.

Really appreciate the feedback and me taking my glasses off there apart of me, so I may try another angle, also would a polariser remover reflections on my glasses ?

Cheers for that!! :)

Really appreciate the feedback and me taking my glasses off there apart of me, so I may try another angle, also would a polariser remover reflections on my glasses ?
try moving your head so that the light source isnt seen as reflection
i think..:thinking:
will do some experimenting with that in my bedroom as i wear specs as well

cheers
geoff

Cheers geoff your a top lad!!!

Really like this. The light is great creating a nice spread of shadow.
I see where the others are going re the reflection.
Would be great if you take some more to see if you can resolve this but keeping the same pose/compositon.

Gaz

Yeah I will try a few others soon, thank u for takings the time to reply

Back