Selfridges in Brum

It's always worth waiting for that special shot.
This looks like one of them to me.
Well captured and composed, and with a good range of tones.
It suits B&W too!

Thanks Ken

Great angle on the bullring. Wonder if it would also work if the plane was going left to right

It's always worth waiting for that special shot.
This looks like one of them to me.
Well captured and composed, and with a good range of tones.
It suits B&W too!

Agree with this, a great shot and composition :)

What lens did you use ?

Great angle on the bullring. Wonder if it would also work if the plane was going left to right

That was my first though too, so I turned my laptop on it's side and I think it does although I think I like this way better. Great photo

That's very nice Paul, good composition with a very good B&W conversion and an airplane in just about the right position.(y)

George.

That was my first though too, so I turned my laptop on it's side and I think it does although I think I like this way better. Great photo

Nope - looked again and to me it makes more sense 90 degrees counter clockwise, possibly because I expect the plane to be travelling not plummeting, and I quite like the building then reaching upwards, like a modern mountain, plus the right hand sweep draws the eye to the plane.

Good image, gets one thinking

Nope - looked again and to me it makes more sense 90 degrees counter clockwise, possibly because I expect the plane to be travelling not plummeting, and I quite like the building then reaching upwards, like a modern mountain, plus the right hand sweep draws the eye to the plane.

Good image, gets one thinking

But I think one of the good things about this photo is that despite the plane traveling top to bottom it does not look to me like it flying into the ground

That's a great shot, eye catching, really well composed and well seen. The only thing that would improve it for me would be a better sky but you can't control that! Nice work (y)

Thanks all, I really appreciate the comments.

Thanks guys

One of those shots where everything comes together. The plane really does bring the whole thing up a level (considering how many shots of that building there are), but you found a good composition on the building anyway. I like the sky. The darker area at the top emphasises the trail left by the plane as it disappears into the light cloud at the bottom. The sky is almost a reverse of what you expect, as is the plane heading directly to the bottom of the frame, but it all works. I even like the mono treatment!

One of those shots where everything comes together. The plane really does bring the whole thing up a level (considering how many shots of that building there are), but you found a good composition on the building anyway. I like the sky. The darker area at the top emphasises the trail left by the plane as it disappears into the light cloud at the bottom. The sky is almost a reverse of what you expect, as is the plane heading directly to the bottom of the frame, but it all works. I even like the mono treatment!

Thanks Tim
One of those, "right place at the right time" moments.

I do like how you turned a colourful photo into B&W. Very nice

The B&Wworks really well, I've tried so many times to get a good pic of that damned building - I'm so jealous LOL

Nicely done. Done to death maybe but you did it differently, well done!

Great shot but first thing I thought when seeing it is that in landscape would work better and seems a few others thought the same.

Back