Seljalandsfoss - Iceland

Name
Jon
Edit My Images
Yes
One of my first shots from a round trip of Iceland last week. Six hundred shots are going to take a long time to process
You can walk behind the waterfall here at Seljalandsfoss, but the spray makes it quite difficult to get a shot from directly behind

Canon 5Diii / 24-105

Iceland-Selfoss432A2171Website.jpg

Try taking one at Gljúfrabúi and not getting spray on the lens lol (and perhaps you did!) - I gave up! there was a guy in there when i went with a massive lens with a ND filter on and i've no idea what he did about the spray on the lens as he was there for ages. They've had massive rainfall (even for iceland) the last couple of days so i wonder what Gljúfrabúi looks like.

Some of the antics behind this one were quite amusing. One of the shots I have from nearer the back has spots, even though I was constantly wiping the lens.
Ive done a lot of the waterfalls on the way around, but not the one you mention
Trying to get shots without too many people was a challenge, and of course although the golden hour is quite long at this time of year you have to shoot with the light you have when you are on a complete circuit of the island and working to a schedule

Gljúfrabúi is about 5 min walk from Seljalandsfoss - I didnt know it was there last year when i went to Seljalandsfoss, so revisited this year. But you're right re: light - i did my best to shoot what i could in the best light but it wasnt possible all the time as i really only had 2.5 days. I really wish i could spend like 3 months there... alas.... I used a shower cap over the lens (a tip from someone on here) to set up the shot and then whipped it off for a short a time as possible to take actual shot...

Gljúfrabúi is about 5 min walk from Seljalandsfoss - I didnt know it was there last year when i went to Seljalandsfoss, so revisited this year. But you're right re: light - i did my best to shoot what i could in the best light but it wasnt possible all the time as i really only had 2.5 days. I really wish i could spend like 3 months there... alas.... I used a shower cap over the lens (a tip from someone on here) to set up the shot and then whipped it off for a short a time as possible to take actual shot...

Ahh ... OK, I must have been there then as we walked from Seljalandsfoss down to the cave waterfall at the bottom :)
Quick thinking with the shower cap

For anyone thats interested, I have a holiday company itinery right around the island withh all points of interest, hotels (which vary from farm house to a couple of "business" hotels. I need to scan it all in so that i can send it to anyone thats interested. I also have a marked road map with points of interest highlighted but thats going to be a bit more difficult to scan. Its a 9 night / 10 day route with 1.5 days in the city.

For anyone thats interested, I have a holiday company itinery right around the island withh all points of interest, hotels (which vary from farm house to a couple of "business" hotels. I need to scan it all in so that i can send it to anyone thats interested. I also have a marked road map with points of interest highlighted but thats going to be a bit more difficult to scan. Its a 9 night / 10 day route with 1.5 days in the city.

I'd be interested in seeing that itinerary if you get round to scanning it.

Back