Selling calendars

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Not sure if this is the right area to post in but I am assuming a few landscape photographers may already do this and have opinions.

I have a Facebook group and get a quite a few requests for a calendar each year. I am not a professional photographer and don't want the hassle of printing / sending out individual calendars. I work hard enough at my day job and photography is my way of relaxing and I don't want to make it about money.

So - I use Photo4Me for prints (for how easy it is) and I was wondering if there was a similar way to build a calendar online then just provide a link so people could order and have them delivered via the company and I get a percentage of the price.

I am not looking to make loads of money and if a few sales buys me a breakfast or 2 while out and about with the camera then I am happy with that.

I am mainly looking to give the people on the group what they want and to keep it as simple as possible from my end.

Anyone done this before?

Thanks

Dave.

Sorry I can't offer any advice, but I was thinking of doing something similar myself for next year and would be interested in any help.

I know a couple of amature photographers that do this, they have to buy a batch of calanders then mail them to each purchaser. From memory they charge about £18 for the calander and postage.
Every year there are images from some of the name landscape photographers with pallets of calanders being delivered and them having to package them up for postage. I expect that unless you are selling boat loads its not cost effective to have a company do the mailing for you.

I can't see the option to sell calendars on that link - only create your own / have delivered to me. Only on my phone at moment - will take a look in more detail when I get on a computer.

Dave.
Sorry I did not realise you wanted to sell online

I know a couple of amature photographers that do this, they have to buy a batch of calanders then mail them to each purchaser. From memory they charge about £18 for the calander and postage.
Every year there are images from some of the name landscape photographers with pallets of calanders being delivered and them having to package them up for postage. I expect that unless you are selling boat loads its not cost effective to have a company do the mailing for you.

On Zazzle you can build the calendar then put it up for sale on the site. I can build a small, medium and large version then set a commission and then put up for sale. People can then buy what size they want and have delivered to them directly.
Price is going to be more than £20 for the large calendar, but I am not expecting to make lots of money and will just be happy that people have the option to buy one if they want and it is as hassle free at my end as possible.

Dave.

Back