Selling sports photos online

Edit My Images
No
I am doing a couple of boxing events, where I will be trying to selling the photos to the fighters.

I am happy to sell full res or 800px (social media size) copies and happy to fulfil the orders myself by emailing them through once payment received...

Any suggestions for the best online site to do the displaying/ ordering and payments? I know there is a lot out there (seen kipax’ Site and that’s the general idea I am after)

Any advice welcome

Thanks

You can of course build/code your own site... if u know how.
Or easy way to go about it is to get a site from one of the ready made platforms for photographers... like Zenfolio, SmugMug...
The ready made options do these days come with plenty of options to customise the look of the site, whether u want to print the images your self.. have them do it.. etc.

My suggestion would be to look at those two and see how you like them...
And I am sure there are either photographers here or Facebook groups who have an account with them.. so u can get a ‘discount’ when u join... (as will the person giving u their code)

Hi, I use a company called the image file, it has built in cart etc, and reasonably priced. They are smaller UK based company, and there support is really good.
It is basic template based, but is good for selling event type photography.

You can check it out at www.richardwiseman.co.uk

Have a look at the Photoshelter Platform.
I use this - one of my clients has a password protected area that they can download images each week.

@Richywiseman bizarrely... on my trawl of the various websites I am currently trialling The Image File. So far I like it and fairly easy to set up and get going! The good part is that u can swap and change the plans when it suits!

Photoshelter
Photodeck
Zenfolio
Smugmug
Pixieset etc.,

Or if you have your own webspace, you could create an album with jAlbum and use one of the free skins with e-commerce facilities to take payment by paypal. This is a one off € 89 fee plus your current hosting platform - but if you can find an old copy of version 9 or so, that was freeware but is about 5 years out of date.

Have used Photium for the last 12 years, very easy to set up fair fees and no commissions.

OK from all those that I know that have done this you would be wasting your time with a gallery - normal process is a usb of all their images and you sell on the night

mike

first off I am guessing aftre 3 years he is sorted :)

PLUS
I make a good living from selling photos online.. well a good part of my income comes from it and I sell a lot... However I do agree at most events you make more money selling on the day...... BUT NOT WITH COVID and no fans/parents allowed ..

first off I am guessing aftre 3 years he is sorted :)

PLUS
I make a good living from selling photos online.. well a good part of my income comes from it and I sell a lot... However I do agree at most events you make more money selling on the day...... BUT NOT WITH COVID and no fans/parents allowed ..

i make a lot of money selling images from events BUT my answer is based on speaking to many that do/have done boxing and 3 years ago or today the info is the same

I'm with Kipax on this one, all selling on site has stopped, no screens, viewing stations, printers, no contact with competitors, just one or two photographers / video guys ringside with full Covid gear and that's it.
No audience or spectators.
Everything sold online and has been for months.

i make a lot of money selling images from events BUT my answer is based on speaking to many that do/have done boxing and 3 years ago or today the info is the same

Well I am speaking as someone who has done it and is doing it.. Not as someone who heard it from someone else... Just Sayin :)

Back