Selling to mpb.com, camera not yet received....

Name
Lynne
Edit My Images
No
We normally sell our camera kit through eBay but took a chance with MPB.

Quote form completed and collection by DPD went according to plan.

DPD normally provide a great service, and we have never had any issues with them previously.

Kit collected 11th January and from the tracking details it is still in the local depot.

No response from MPB to our email asking for an update.

Is this normal?

There an MPB Customer Experience section low down on the list of forums, however your problem seems to be with DPD. If it hasn’t reached MPB yet I don’t see how they could help.

Last edited:
Not normal for it to be still in the depot. Normal for poor response from MPB. Keep stirring.

I thought with MPB they arrange collection, if so then @Lynne1 is not a customer of DPD. Therefore it should still be down to MPB to initiate the investigation with/by DPD!
There an MPB Customer Experience section low down on the list of forums, however your problem seems to be with DPD. If it hasn’t reached MPB yet I don’t see how they could help.

That's correct or is my understanding anyway that as the contract is with MPB and DPD it is for MPB to resolve but as yet MPB have not responded to our email.

@Lynne1
As mentioned above, MPB have a presence here so @mpb.com perhaps when you next drop in.......you can throw some light on the matter.....and provide a pathway to a resolution :thinking:

Last edited:
I have spoken to DPD and it has been misplaced, they advised @mpb.com need to raise a missing parcel request.

Rang Mpb and spoke to someone who advised they will do that now..... however this will take weeks to resolve is my understanding and we needed the money asap.

Would not recommend using this service as it is definitely not risk free.

Will update when have next status update.

I had the same issue and you can see my story here:

and another person with same issue:

hope you get it sorted soon enough.

We normally sell our camera kit through eBay but took a chance with MPB.

Quote form completed and collection by DPD went according to plan.

DPD normally provide a great service, and we have never had any issues with them previously.

Kit collected 11th January and from the tracking details it is still in the local depot.

No response from MPB to our email asking for an update.

Is this normal?
Hi Lynne,

Really sorry to see this and I'm eager to get this resolved right away. Please could you send me a private message with your order's 'TX number' ? I can then locate your details and get the team to investigate.

~Jamil

I have spoken to DPD and it has been misplaced, they advised @mpb.com need to raise a missing parcel request.

Rang Mpb and spoke to someone who advised they will do that now..... however this will take weeks to resolve is my understanding and we needed the money asap.

Would not recommend using this service as it is definitely not risk free.

Will update when have next status update.
Interesting!

I can only surmise that MPB have insure all collections & deliveries 'in transit'. On the basis of customer service (and reputational protection) is it not in their best interests to expedite paying the customer (in regard to collections) & sending an agreed alternate replacement (in regard to sales) asap. They are a large'ish international company so surely have the wherewithal to act promptly in, hopefully, the rare instances like this???

Interesting!

I can only surmise that MPB have insure all collections & deliveries 'in transit'. On the basis of customer service (and reputational protection) is it not in their best interests to expedite paying the customer (in regard to collections) & sending an agreed alternate replacement (in regard to sales) asap. They are a large'ish international company so surely have the wherewithal to act promptly in, hopefully, the rare instances like this???
they do have insurance for any loss in transit. But they will make you wait till the investigation case is closed with DPD before paying out.

Hi Lynne,

Really sorry to see this and I'm eager to get this resolved right away. Please could you send me a private message with your order's 'TX number' ? I can then locate your details and get the team to investigate.

~Jamil
Hi Jamil

Is good that you are able to engage with customers here at TP but I do wonder about those who experience issues that are not able to get your sort of extra help.....it must be frustrating as it is for @Lynne1 before she(?) found TP and posed her question here!

@ mpb.com

Hi Jamil I have just sent the TX number let me know if you haven't received it.

@ nanbytes. Very interesting post thanks for sharing and we did take photos prior to packaging and the collection. Our DPD courier is very good and let me take photos of package, card and his scanner all together.

Latest update which unfortunately is not much of an update. We were contacted by customer service via email after Jamil input. We were asked to send photos, which we did but no response since to let us know current status and if information we sent aligned to what was needed.
Hopefully will get an update next week and the DPD investigation has been started.
@ mpb.com

Latest update which unfortunately is not much of an update. We were contacted by customer service via email after Jamil input. We were asked to send photos, which we did but no response since to let us know current status and if information we sent aligned to what was needed.
Hopefully will get an update next week and the DPD investigation has been started.
@ mpb.com
Not quite got your tag right Lynne1, no space required - @mpb.com

Seems almost suspicious that the same courier is *losing* these quite high value cameras.
I mean they can't all have fallen under the sorting machine it would eventually block up with ground up camera bodies.

Seems almost suspicious that the same courier is *losing* these quite high value cameras.
I mean they can't all have fallen under the sorting machine it would eventually block up with ground up camera bodies.
Dpd handle millions of parcels a week. They probably loose a fair percentage Every day, some through real loss, parcels falling off conveyers etc, some through light fingered employees. I had a huge coffee machine vanish on the way to the manufacturer for repair Sent through dpd. I kinda hoped someone did nick it, cos it didn’t work And they would have been bitterly disappointed.
Royal Mail are no better, neither is any other courier.

Dpd handle millions of parcels a week. They probably loose a fair percentage Every day, some through real loss, parcels falling off conveyers etc, some through light fingered employees. I had a huge coffee machine vanish on the way to the manufacturer for repair Sent through dpd. I kinda hoped someone did nick it, cos it didn’t work And they would have been bitterly disappointed.
Royal Mail are no better, neither is any other courier.
But don't you feel it's a bit suspicious that there are a fair number of people on this forum who's faced this issue with DPD

Isn’t that a symptom of the fact that people are raising (rare) issues with MPB who use DPD so it will show a disproportionate / skewed view?

I’ve had lots of parcels via DPD and no issues. Other couriers I have had issues with in comparison.

We’ll all have experiences of a similar nature, just insert a courier name in to the text!

But don't you feel it's a bit suspicious that there are a fair number of people on this forum who's faced this issue with DPD
Not really. Mpb use dpd a lot. People on here use mpb a lot. If something goes wrong, they’ll likely post about it on here, if it all goes smoothly, they likely wont. I’ve used mpb a few times and not had any issues, doesn’t mean others don’t, as they clearly do and not just postage issues judging by the posts in their section.
I’ve had far more issues with RM than dpd, including one quite recently ;)

Ffordes use parcel force for collections. Wonder if they have the same issue?

DPD used to be good but they don't seem to be as reliable now.

Ffordes use parcel force for collections. Wonder if they have the same issue?

DPD used to be good but they don't seem to be as reliable now.
I’ve never had a problem with DPD, should I post here every time stuff arrives on time?

Final update, we received payment from MPB on Wednesday, the parcel was confirmed lost by DPD.

This situation could so easily have been made less stressful by MPB @mpb.com

I had to chase MPB Monday and Wednesday, in addition to emails Friday and Saturday, that I had no response to.

Despite feedback that there Comms is not great, there were still no updates from them.

There appears to be no process when parcels are not received by MPB, they appear to wait for the customer to contact as opposed to checking if parcel not received and contacting customer.

Thankfully we have received our money, but we wouldn't use the service again. Not so much because the parcel went missing, as these things unfortunately happen but because of how it was dealt with.

I'm glad you got your money.

I buy and sell a lot since I like changing up my lenses. They do mostly come through without issues majority of the time. So I'd say this is more is an exception than the rule.

Having said that it's concerning that MPB have not improved thier comms

So much stuff seems to go missing. I wonder what happens to it? I wonder what happens to the stuff that isn't stolen and is just undeliverable for whatever reason? Garbled addresses, labels mangled, boxes opening etc. I saw on TV years ago that lost luggage from airports is auctioned off and I wonder if the same happens to undelivered post? Is there a big warehouse somewhere and auctions? So much sems to go missing, it can't all be stolen, surely.

Interesting that other people are having issues with DPD, in the last 2 weeks DPD have lost 2 iPhones that were on there way to me from Three and a wedding album worth £600 that I sent to a client. Three won't do anything until it's investigated by DPD and confirmed lost which apparently can take some time. For my client I have had to just take the hit and order a new album for them as they are already fed up waiting.

Last edited:
So much stuff seems to go missing. I wonder what happens to it? I wonder what happens to the stuff that isn't stolen and is just undeliverable for whatever reason? Garbled addresses, labels mangled, boxes opening etc. I saw on TV years ago that lost luggage from airports is auctioned off and I wonder if the same happens to undelivered post? Is there a big warehouse somewhere and auctions? So much sems to go missing, it can't all be stolen, surely.

I seen a t.v programme a while back about what happens with Royal Mail lost parcels and it all gets auctioned off after a certain amount of time. Was quite an eye opener.

Last edited:
I sent an Apple iMac M1 back to Amazon 10 days ago through their chosen courier ... Hermes!
It just say "On its way back" - very frustrating.

I seen a t.v programme a while back about what happens with Royal Mail lost parcels and it all gets auctioned off after a certain amount of time. Was quite an eye opener.

I remember from the airport lost luggage prog that they opened several cases and the owners were easily identifiable. Makes you wonder how much effort goes into getting problem stuff delivered, probably very little, I suppose because of the cost of employing a team to do this as it'll no doubt be cheaper to pay the compensation and sell off the "lost" luggage. I assume the same is true for curriers.

I remember from the airport lost luggage prog that they opened several cases and the owners were easily identifiable. Makes you wonder how much effort goes into getting problem stuff delivered, probably very little, I suppose because of the cost of employing a team to do this as it'll no doubt be cheaper to pay the compensation and sell off the "lost" luggage. I assume the same is true for curriers.
Interesting?

If they are sold with the (previous) owners address etc contact details are they in breech of Data Protection Act???

methinks your living in a different world there .. in days of old 1960's ish you had bribe your way into getting a job at the docks or airports or anywhere that handled goods and cash .. many fortunes were made pre-computer days .. I have seen stuff with my own eyes that was stolen to order and often sold on.. the advent of computers made it easier to track items but only if all details are entered through the system . the advent of these new courier companies has made it easier for things to get lost again as a item will be handled by several different places before it reaches you .

Interesting?

If they are sold with the (previous) owners address etc contact details are they in breech of Data Protection Act???

I hope so.

Just imagine what's in "lost" luggage and end up getting auctioned off.

I suppose with missing deliveries and return from and to suppliers there could be something of use to fraudsters, I just don't know.

methinks your living in a different world there .. in days of old 1960's ish you had bribe your way into getting a job at the docks or airports or anywhere that handled goods and cash .. many fortunes were made pre-computer days .. I have seen stuff with my own eyes that was stolen to order and often sold on.. the advent of computers made it easier to track items but only if all details are entered through the system . the advent of these new courier companies has made it easier for things to get lost again as a item will be handled by several different places before it reaches you .

For many years I worked on a govt site so I'm very familiar with theft, fraud and a whole host of things I wouldn't get involved with. Even so I'd be at least mildly surprised if all missing parcels couriers handle are actually stolen. They may be for all I know. I'm willing to believe that some is dumped (as in he news recently) or ends up in a warehouse somewhere before being disposed of somehow, be that into landfill or auction, without having been at least passingly investigated.

Anyway. It was just something that I wondered about reading this thread.

I used to live in China, there's a market in Shanghai which sells all phones, laptops, cameras etc stolen in the west and shipped over. I imagine other countries that side of the world have similar.

Whenever I send stuff in the post I always take photographs of the packed parcel and record the dimensions. It did help when Royal Mail 'lost' one. When parcels are collected from me I also make sure that the label the driver sticks on is well stuck!

I used to live in China, there's a market in Shanghai which sells all phones, laptops, cameras etc stolen in the west and shipped over. I imagine other countries that side of the world have similar.

My Gosh. That must involves some organised crime.

Whenever I send stuff in the post I always take photographs of the packed parcel and record the dimensions. It did help when Royal Mail 'lost' one. When parcels are collected from me I also make sure that the label the driver sticks on is well stuck!

Yup. I make sure everything is well packaged and labelled with a return address. The amount of stuff going missing day to day must be epic.

Back