SEMX - South East Motocross in May. Location: Canada Heights in the Sun

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
desantnik and I have not done any MX for a couple of months. Whilst our other comrade is tarting about at the AMA in the US, we were in amongst it with the local riders at "The Heights".
It may not have been California, but the sun was shining and the racing was sublime. Here's a few photos from the day...

#1 Landing on the family jewels.
CH_SEMX_SG_090524_0309.jpg

#2 600 pieces of dirt
CH_SEMX_SG_090524_0158.jpg

#3 Flash, nice tache sir.
CH_SEMX_SG_090524_1014-1.jpg

#4 Aiming at me, so let's blind him with some flash
CH_SEMX_SG_090524_1072-1.jpg

#5 Styling it between the trees
CH_SEMX_SG_090524_0324.jpg

#6 The BLZ icon ruins this - my fave from the weekend
CH_SEMX_SG_090524_0409-1.jpg

#7 Expert group racing in the dust
CH_SEMX_SG_090524_0462-1.jpg

#8 Wide angle at the start line
CH_SEMX_SG_090524_0725-1.jpg

#9 Taken with a monopod upside down on remote trigger. Took some testing for exposure but quite happy with the result.
CH_SEMX_SG_090524_0776-1.jpg

#10 Some end of day playing with flash
CH_SEMX_SG_090524_1004-1.jpg

Cheers for looking in. All C&C much appreciated.

#8 and #9 really stand out, but they're all great.

#8 has so much going for it, great angle, perfect sky etc etc, love it.

#9 is one of those 'how on earth did he get that' shots, helpfully you've already explained, a real eye opener and an excellent end result.

Not keen on #3 but that's the only one, good stuff again :)

Jolly fine stuff Mr Gribbsy!

#8 is as wide a startline shot as I've ever seen and the lines work beaut!

#9 is as good as I hoped it would be... all my modelling for you paid off :D Lovely job, have to use that again!

Very nice set Steve, looks like you may have spent the next day cleaning the camera ;)

Great photos its #8 and #9 for me also
Just wondering what settings you use in general for these types of shots?

Have a look at the EXIF info brock... go grab yourself something like Opanda exif viewer, then you can right click any image you see and view lots of info...

Some people on here strip it (deliberately or accidentally) but BLZEEBUB leave it in place so you can learn more about the photos (technically and copyright wise)

#8 and #9 really stand out, but they're all great.

Cheers. Glad you liked #9 - I've wanted to try this for a while - it's not perfect, but something to work on next time.

Not keen on #3 but that's the only one, good stuff again :)

Thanks dod. I quite liked #3 yesterday, but now I don't at all!

Jolly fine stuff Mr Gribbsy!

#8 is as wide a startline shot as I've ever seen and the lines work beaut!

Ta. I must try that rear start shot we talked about next time. I need some goggles though.

Simply gorgeous fine sir.

B->

Cheers fine sir across the pond. I look forward to seeing a Glen Helen set shortly!

Great photos its #8 and #9 for me also
Just wondering what settings you use in general for these types of shots?

Thanks brock. I was being quite lazy for most of the day and didn't really drop the shutter below 1/400 except for when using the flash. Apart from standard things like continuous AF and centre weighted metering, it's really a case of fine tuning to get the desired effect. Go with the suggested EXIF viewer, it will teach you a lot.

Very nice set Steve, looks like you may have spent the next day cleaning the camera ;)

Cheers Iain. Yeah it was very dusty by the end of the day. Kit is covered with it, but no damage done. The Kent sand does a lot less harm than Le Touquet :)

Back