'Senna' movie out tomorrow, must for motorsport fans!!

odd jim

Flimsiest Lambresta
Name
Jim
Edit My Images
Yes
Off to see the Senna documentary tomorrow at my local independent cinema, cant wait!!

There's loads of unseen footage of the greatest driver ever, and all the reviews rave about it, saying even those who know nothing about the sport will be blown away by it.

Here' the trailer for those who havn't seen it;

http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/senna/international-trailer

Maybe we could have a film forum in out of focus? It is still photography's cousin after all!

I think this definitely needs to be seen on the big screen, 40 foot in car footage will be awesome!

Though I will certainly be buying this on Bluray as well.

Can't wait for the blu-ray and hoping to get along and see it at the cinema soon (y)

ah carp.......... 'tis not being shown anywhere around here tomorrow.

scrub that, yes it is!

Last edited:
Aye, I can't wait to see it, not a major movie buff myself but do admire the sport and the legend (y)

I think we are taking some students to see it next week. It's a shame that not many cinemas north of watford appear to be showing it. Odeon for example appear only to have it on in London cinemas! Shocking!

Last edited:
Indeed, luckily I have a very good independent cinema where I live that always shows films like these, none of the major multiplexes here seem to be showing it.

Got my tickets booked now!

I have to wait until the end of June before I can see the movie.

Last edited:
Just watched it. Very very good!

A couple of surprises in there as well, especially one at the end..........;)

Last edited:
Can't wait to drag someone to see this - handily it's being shown a mere 15 minute walk away!

A couple of surprises in there as well, especially one at the end..........;)

Heard there was an interesting ending....so no spoilers on this thread (excuse the pun) for a fews days anyway :LOL:

Heard there was an interesting ending....so no spoilers on this thread (excuse the pun) for a fews days anyway :LOL:

Won't be getting any spoilers from me........... :LOL:

other than............. ;)

Am I a big emotional girl though to having a bit of a leaky eye (at 37?)

Just come back from seeing it.

Absolutely amazing!

A supurb piece of film making, very, very well done, and a fitting tribute to the best and most intense racer who ever took to the track.

well i thought i would email Odeon and Vue to see if they planned on showing this at their cinemas that are positioned outside the M25.........

A big fat no was the answer, useless!

off to see it at fact in liverpool next wednesday I think

A couple of surprises in there as well, especially one at the end..........;)[/QUOTE]

well i must have blinked then ,when he was racing he came across as someone who if he didnt get his own way he would spit his dummy a considerable distance .the film didnt change my mind on that one ,got to say he was a brilliant driver though ,superb in the wet ,and he was dumped on from the french bloke who was prosts " buddy " when they changed pole position to the other side of the grid ( so prost could get better traction away from the line ) my recollection of why it happened was that the team had cut out and re-welded a part of the steering colum because it was too long for senna ,and the weld had not been done very well and had broken never did hear if it was true or not though. the sense of speed from the on board cameras was good though

well i must have blinked then ,when he was racing he came across as someone who if he didnt get his own way he would spit his dummy a considerable distance .the film didnt change my mind on that one ,got to say he was a brilliant driver though ,[/QUOTE]

I always thought this way until i read his biography "SENNA",i guarantee you will change your view,after reading it you realised he was a genius and a truly great and generous man.

yep, you must have blinked!

pete , i agree he was a brilliant driver ,would loved to have seen him racing till he decided to retire ,just to see him in wet races , and yes very generous as told in the film ,he just seemed to look a bit bewildered by the whole thing maybe his pr people let him down , a lot of talented people from all walks of life seem to be a bit highly strung maybe ,someones goint to have to tell me what i missed when i blinked

Seen it over the weekend, great watch and something we can all remember a legend by

For me, Senna was the best driver in the history of F1

Phil789 said:
Does anyone know a site to find out where this is showing? Can't see it listed in any local cinemas! :shake:

What part of the country are you in?

Outside London it seems that it's only being shown in independent cinemas. Yell.com should have a list of all cinemas in your area which should encompass the smaller independent ones if you havnt tried that already?

Taken from another forum.

Not sure if its 100% true but:

Cineworld:
Following sites doing week long of screenings starting tomorrow:
Sheffield, Fulham, Haymarket, WIQ, Wandsworth, Enfield, Crawley, High Wycombe, Milton Keynes, Birmingham, Nottingham, Cardiff, Didsbury, Aberdeen Union Sq, Edinburgh, Glasgow Renfrew St & Dublin.

All other sites not in that previous list will show Senna in a one-day special screening on 21 June.

Last edited:
I'd lost this thread, so posted in the F1 one instead. I'm sure the mods will forgive me.
The footage of Senna in his pit garage on that awful weekend was simply brilliant. Sadly we all know what was to happen on the Sunday.
A damn good film. All F1 fans should go and see it.
The cinema was packed in Milton Keynes.

I watched this last Friday and thought it was very well done. I can remember watching his last GP as a 14 year old and some of the earlier footage as well was good to watch.

Certainly worth a watch for any F1 fan past or present.

im going to have to travel a long way to see this - why are all cinemas not showing this ?

tomkbucks said:
im going to have to travel a long way to see this - why are all cinemas not showing this ?

I guess as it's a documentary and not a Hollywood "blockbuster" the management of most of the multiplexes think they won't make as much money as, say, the latest X-Men movie (which is true, they probably won't). Money runs the world unfortunately.

Ach, you're better than that Gary.

nope, i really am not :)

tbh i'm not really bothered about this senna movie.. seems he suffers from John Lennon syndrome where once you die your reputation goes through the ceiling.

He was good, and he was one of the best. But he thought he couldnt die and he was proved wrong. He also thought it was OK to drive into people at 170 mph to prove a point.
IMHO he had passed his sell by date just before he died, and was getting his bum kicked by schumacher.

and that first lap at donington? Mike Andretti was doing exactly the same thing a few positions behind him (err although Andretti got punted off by Wendlinger :) )

Anyway, if you wanna go see a motorsport movie, TT Closer to the edge is awesome!! Real heros that you can look up to.

Gary - suggest you go and watch it......

Wasn't always Senna crashing into others........ Prost seemed the more petulent out of the two...... and in fact caused many of the accidents between them.

Good bit in the film where an Aussie Journalist calls Prost on it............... completely flummoxes him!

just found this as well............

[YOUTUBE]svDuPAThOlc[/YOUTUBE]

Back