Sennon Cove Cornwall

Hello Mart.

Watch those horizons! Off in everyone there. Do you do any 'photoshop' work after downloading from camera? If so you can straighten in that. Next time you are doing coasts try to remember to line up the horizon. I use the little grid of AF dots in the viewfinder to help line things up. Often you don't want the horizon central in the pic so use the upper or lower row of dots to line up against.

Also your foreground is underexposed in each one. Probably because your camera has metered for the sky and doesnt have the range to then expose the foreground as well.
Usual ways to overcome this are; use a ND graduated filter over the sky to reduce its brightness. Or take 2 or more shots of different exposures and merge them after in photoshop.

If you live in Cornwall you are going to be spoilt for choice for landscape shots!

Last edited:
Hello Mart.

Watch those horizons! Off in everyone there. Do you do any 'photoshop' work after downloading from camera? If so you can straighten in that. Next time you are doing coasts try to remember to line up the horizon. I use the little grid of AF dots in the viewfinder to help line things up. Often you don't want the horizon central in the pic so use the upper or lower row of dots to line up against.

Also your foreground is underexposed in each one. Probably because your camera has metered for the sky and doesnt have the range to then expose the foreground as well.
Usual ways to evercome this are; use a ND graduated filter over the sky to reduce its brightness. Or take 2 or more shots of different exposures and merge them after in photoshop.

If you live in Cornwall you are going to be spoilt for choice for landscape shots!

Hi, "Good comments" nothing to add, and it's good to see someone giving constructive advise instead of just saying what's wrong.(y)

Yes thanks very much I need to invest in a set of filters, I only know basic photos so not a clue on merging etc thanks for the feedback guys really appreciate it

Back