Sensor Cleanign Help

Name
Kenny Wallace
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi,
I have a Nikon D50 and at the end of last year started noticing two black dots on the top left of ever picture I took. At first I thought it was the lens but this occurs with every lens I use.

On posting my pictures for C&C in the motorsports section of the forum I was informed my sensor requires cleaning. Example of my pics affected and the thread where I was informed of this here -http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=89655

So how do I go about this and where do I get the items required to carry out this task.

Your help will be much appriciated

set your lens to f22 and point to a clear sky and take apicture... that will show you hwo dirty your sensor is

you can clean it yourself.. search these forums or google. But if it goes wrong then its serious damage... or have it cleaned for about 25 quid.... i go for the latter cus i am soft :)

Wrt,

Have a Google-fest to find the swabs etc needed for the job at the best price.

You'll then need the AC adapter for your model of camera so that you can lock the mirror up on your body giving you unhindered access to the sensor. Follow the tips in the various online guides and you can't go far wrong.

I've done my D2H several times now and will do the D3 when it's needed.

Guy

Back