Sensor cleaning

Name
Tony
Edit My Images
No
Sadly I've noticed a couple of sensor spots on images taken on my Canon EOS 550D. Whilst I can use the PS healing tool to successfully remove these spots or use the Canon dust data delete system, I'd ideally like to not have them in the first place!

I've tried a blower but still got the 2 spots, so maybe I need to try some sort of brush or swab method?

Has anyone got any advice on what to do? I'd like to tackle it myself but after reading lots on the web I'm not sure what is safe or beneficial?

Just bought some sensor cleaning fluid and swabs. Easy to do and well worth the time and trouble.

I used to pay which was expensive and sometimes it would come back and still have the odd spot!:crying:

I then scoured the net and discovered this system and after the initial investment haven't looked back since,it's saved me hundreds over the years!(y)

http://www.visibledust.com/index.php

Often the Arctic Butterfly alone is enough!(y)

If the sensor dust is stuck to the sensor then a wet clean is required using the swabs!

I've cleaned my D7000 lots of times with out any issues,I think there is a lot scaremongering about self sensor cleaning!

Follow the instructions and take your time and I'd be suprised if you have any issues!(y)

@Oldcarlos - many thanks for the link - might try them out when they're here in Birmingham!

If you have a blower already just get swabs and the special fluid.
e.g. from Digipad

I'd try first try a blower (camera looking downwards as you blow air into it), then a brush (cheapest and also good ones start at around £25.- at Amazon), then something like the lenspen or the Pentax sensor cleaning kit, and if none of the above helps, wet cleaning.

Back