Sensor Cleaning

Edit My Images
No
I have a Fuji XT1 and found on long exposure shots at f16 I have some dust or dirt showing on the sensor. I have used appropriate swabs and fluid from my local shop to clean it with some success but I have one stubborn spot that won't shift. I can't scrub it but the basic cleaning procedure has done nothing. It's looks like a bit of dust and I can clone it out of images easily enough but it's driving my OCD mad. Anyone had issues like this and were able to resolve it?

If the sensor appears clean it could be on or in the lens!

It's a spot on the sensor filter. I can see it but can't move it I'm afraid. Thanks for your reply though.

What are you using? Wet swabs?

I've never had anything but dust! Can't understand what it could be! Has the model of camera had oil spot issues! Do a search

Yes wet swabs, Green Clean I think. I'm toying with the idea of just sending it to Fuji and having to wear whatever the cost is to get it sorted. I'm not convinced that my local shop could do any better than I have so far and it'll probably be another £30-£40 for an unsuccessful clean.

Also, sometimes the sensor can need several passes with a swab to get clean and remembering to use swab once only. Eclipse is a good wet cleaning product.

Lens Pen Sensorklear does a great job for me and my XT1. I have now got a grease spot which is going to have to be wet cleaned though, the lenspen is no good for those. It's my own fault for changing lenses in the wind!

If dust has gotten under the glass then I was told by Wex after I sent my X-Pro1 into them that they could sort it for £140

Back