Sensor cleaning.

Name
George.
Edit My Images
Yes
Like most people with a dsrl, I have suffered with dust on the sensor, and we all know how difficult it is to clean. So I was giving this some thought, of an easy method of doing it. I came up with the idea of using a very old blower brush and a vacuum cleaner. We all have these. I trimmed the brush down to about 10mm, this left the brush much stiffer but still very soft. I then attached the brush to a vacuum cleaner via an attachment that came with the cleaner. see pic. 2mins of using this left my sensor spotless, better than anything I had used in the past. Instead of just moving the dust around in the camera, it sucks it all out. Just thought I would share.

brush.jpg

You're a braver man than I am gunga din!

I've asked this before but no one replied - has anyone tried these yet for cleaning their sensor - lenspen sensorklear

I've got one to try! The idea seems too good to be true though. I bought an arctic butterfly the other week and this ended up smudging the sensor, so I've bought the lenspen to clean it properly, if it works I'll be annoyed that I spend £40 on an arctic butterfly...

I've got one to try! The idea seems too good to be true though. I bought an arctic butterfly the other week and this ended up smudging the sensor, so I've bought the lenspen to clean it properly, if it works I'll be annoyed that I spend £40 on an arctic butterfly...

Most things on the market just tend to move the dust around in the camera.
As I have said 2 mins, and not a dust bunny in sight.

I've got one too, but not dared to use it yet! I bought mine in jessops and the guy there (who was really great, and helpful for once) said he's used them loads, and that they're actually very good.

Loving your vac contraption though gerods :)

I bit the bullet and used it last night, it got rid of the smear left by the arctic butterfly, so what I needed it for really.

I still feel more comfortable using the arctic butterfly though, as it is less likely to scratch the sensor than the lenspen...

Back