one that Macjam has tweeked for me
285-Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Endded the month at the RSOC National day
095.jpg

056.jpg

103.jpg

rs200.jpg

Nice............really nice and nostalgic, must say the old tranni looks better than the modern stuff, it has some real charector, and I know you cant help how the world builds mountains but I would have put the horizon to the bridge but thats only my thought otherwise a cracking photo

Last edited:
Great photos, love the RS200s, the 2nd hand car dealer I bought my car from has one sitting in his showroom.
I didn't realise the old Ford plant at Avely was still standing, I thought it got pulled down a few years back after it closed down. I spent the last three months of my apprenticeship there back in 1983. It was mainly a pilot plant by then, where new cars were hand built prior to launch, and also engines had custom alterations made for other manufacturers who used Ford engines at the time. I worked in a small toolroom next door making jigs and fixtures for checking car panels. Ford's photography department was also at the plant. I can't work it out, is that is the front or side of the plant in the second photo?

The Aveley site is due to be knocked down in 2012 and we decided to make one last visit as a club as the club is 30years old this year and its 40 years since the AVO factory opened.
The cars were parked right at the back of the plant with the gates in the back ground leading to Arisdale avenue

The Aveley site is due to be knocked down in 2012 and we decided to make one last visit as a club as the club is 30years old this year and its 40 years since the AVO factory opened.
The cars were parked right at the back of the plant with the gates in the back ground leading to Arisdale avenue

Ah! right yes I can see that now,as I said it was along time ago that I worked there. The brick built area on the left just before you drive back out onto Arisdale Avenue is the compound where the new pilot built cars were kept the brick built part before that led to the offices where the photographic department had their offices.
Are the estate perimeter roads open to the public now then, or did you have to ask for permission?

love the rs200's stunners love the old transit as well..

Last edited:
got in contact with the site owners who lucky know the history of the site and were very welcoming to us

Back