Serif Legacy Products - A Universal Registration Key.

Edit My Images
Yes
I still use Serif PhotoPlus X2 which I bought about 15 years ago - OK so I'm a tight-a**e but it still works for me on Windows 7.

If you want to try the various Legacy Products of Serif which you can download and use for FREE there is a product key which apparently works on them.

It stops the registration page keep popping up every time you open them

The key is 881887.

I use it on X2 and it works perfectly.

I think for recent versions of PhotoPlus like X8, that won't work as a product key for a new installation (which is a 25 character key, required before the installation will proceed), though it may suppress the nag screen later.

I think for recent versions of PhotoPlus like X8, that won't work as a product key for a new installation (which is a 25 character key, required before the installation will proceed), though it may suppress the nag screen later.
Not if the product isn't a legacy product - apparently it only works on Serif's legacy products which are available on Serif's site.

Looks like I misunderstood the purpose of the key - you must have a valid key first.
It worked on my X2 product (although I have re-installed it a number of times on various computers) without me putting in a key, just typing it in when the nag screen asked for registration.

Yes, the product key is separate. I don't know if the earliest versions used the same system, but even X8 from 2015 is 'legacy' now - you can't seem to buy it new from Serif, though you can download the installer if you already have a product key:

I guess they've gone over completely to Affinity.

Last edited:
Hi All, I've downloaded the serif legacy software but the product key asks for 5 lots of 5 figures to the 6 figure 'universal' key doesn't work. Any ideas how I use it?

Hi All, I've downloaded the serif legacy software but the product key asks for 5 lots of 5 figures to the 6 figure 'universal' key doesn't work. Any ideas how I use it?
See above. You need access to a purchased product key, at least for recent versions like X8. You may not be able to buy these any more, but Serif's latest Affinity applications are currently half price at £23.99 each:

Back