Servern bridges vantage points

Edit My Images
No
Hi,

I'm off to bristol in the morning and was thinking about heading off to shoot one or both of the severn bridges after work.

Can anyone recommend any decent vantage points, either side of the river will do...

Head for severn beach (I think it's called)t it's right under the new crossing and is fine, you can walk a fair way down both sides. have a look HERE

You can see where the road get close.

If you prefer further away you may want to get someone elses opinion!

Well sadly I had a last minute change of plans and went to Dudley instead. I'm hopeful of getting to Bristol today instead. The forecast also looks a little better. And if that plan falls through it will be next Tuesday instead...

I'd suggest either Severn Beach or a little up the road is Aust - which is inbetween the two bridges and well worth a look too! :)

AustWharf2HDRsm.jpg

Matt

There's the old ferry terminal at Aust too iirc and the ferries beached on the Welsh side. Severn tunnel goes under the M4/M49 just of J22 see map.

Head for Beachley, next to the Army camp, you can get right down to the River, near the SARA building, also a pub there, and you can get right under the bridge.

Also agree with Aust, you can see both bridges and you may even see the Owls and Merlin close by (y) again you can walk to the path that takes you under both bridges (y)

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I did make it there today and the weather was excellent. I didn't have time to get to the Welsh side but did start at Aust and headed for Severn Beach. The best location I found (that suited me) was the end of a track near the visitor centre. From there I was able to walk right under the bridge and get this shot:

severnbridge.jpg

Thanks again!

Back