Set A Light 3D software

Name
Jules
Edit My Images
No
I recently saw this software mentioned in another thread and have downloaded the trial version to have a play with. I think it's very good and appears to be a great way to learm and try out lighting setups before getting real models into the studio.

Does anyone else use it and is there any other similar software I should be looking at before I buy?

Thanks

Jules

I use it all the time Jules. I don't have a lot of time to shoot, so working out the basics beforehand means I hit the ground running when I turn up with the model, MUA, assistants etc at a rented studio with the clock ticking. I wish it would output one PDF for the project, but I use a little $10 utility to stitch all the PDFs together. I looked at one other - forget the name tbh, but SetALight was by far the most advanced in terms of being actually useful. It has some basic furniture in it now, and the ability to create complex shapes out of basic ones. You can even add in background images. There are some bugs and reflected light doesn't always look as it should, but mostly, it's fairly accurate. don't bother with the studio license - unless you want more than 5 lights (and tbh mostly you've messed it up if you have 6 lights on the set. Maybe if you're Jake Hicks it's allowed :) ).

I think for what I want, the basic edition is fine so I think I'll go ahead and get it. Thanks for your reply.

Back