• Start date
D

Deleted member 3428

The last snow flakes as I'm now freezing cold :LOL:

3246796315_cd25349328_o.jpg

3247625012_ba57992bda_o.jpg

3247626796_48e8eaf590_o.jpg

3246797517_dc8c57db5a_o.jpg

They cant be real, no way??? They look like xmas decorations!

These CANT be real?!?! :D

WOW - :clap: Those are absolutely gorgeous - nature captured
wonderfully!

TFS

No.3 and 4 are my faves. They certainly look like glass (y)

Thanks for looking and your comments folks, I can assure you these are real as my frost bitten hands will vouch their authenticity. ;)

Excellent photos. I have been trying to capture some today as well. Its very difficult to isolate just one flake. I shall put today down as a learning experience.
The thread title is interesting, I'd like to see you capture one that is still moving. Now that would be smart.

Mick.

Haha very funny Mick, I don't suppose I would even see a single flake falling as there must be a few hundred flakes (or more) in every medium sized snow drop I would imagine. ;)

I struggled at first Yvonne, :LOL: I found the best way was to find an area where the snow would land but not melt away too quickly, I cleared the area and waited for the drops to land and break up then when I saw an opportunity I snapped it ;) single ones in old cobwebs were and good source too ;)

I really like all of them.

Can you tell me what lens you were using for these please?

Thanks, I used the MP-e 65 which is Canon 1x-5x macro lens.

Wow - and I thought the shapes that they used to make us cut out of paper at school were just a romanticised version of a flake. :clap::clap:

Kelly that's really strange as when I showed my wife these she said pretty much the same thing :LOL: Thanks for looking ;)

Simply amazing.

I admire your commitment to getting out there and doing this and also admire your ability to capture them in such fine detail

Superb work Alby, they're brilliant, and worth it for the cold fingers

Amazing !!

Please could you explain to a total numpty what camera/lens/setting etc you used to get such brilliant shots??:D

Thanks Donna ;)
Another way, I used 1/200 f9 the lens was Canon's MP-e 65 and the flash was Canon's MT24 ex macro twin light fired in manual at 1/64 power. Thanks for looking ;)

May I ask how you managed to take such awesome shots? :) What lens? Setup etc?

WOW simply awesome:clap::clap::clap:

Superb shots. What beautiful forms these little things have.

What a beautiful set! Certainly a different view on what has been quite a common subject lately. :D
Top quality pictures, nothing more I can say about it. Brilliant job!

Great shots - I always forget how amazing snowflakes are. A reminder of the superior structure and order of the universe... :)

Back