Severn Bridge Sunset

Edit My Images
No
The only thing that put me off on #1 was the orange glow actually on the bridge, and maybe could do with just a tad more foreground for me. But as the second one scrolled into view, wow, that is nice ! I then tried holding a bit of card over it to hide some of the water and for me made it even better - there is still plenty or red reflection from the right-most pillar.

Think I prefer #3 to #4 for no other reason of the extra foreground and somehow it feels a little darker too.

I'm still a bit of a noob here, so looking forward to others comments on #3 to see what I've missed - personally I can't see how it could be any better.

TTFN,
Jon

#2 and #5 really work for me. Looks stunning with the lights on.

1 to 4 for me.
With #1 I would have waited for the sun to transition either below the bridge deck or shot the scene before it hit the deck. In all honesty this is a minor detail that doesn't detract to much (y)

thanks for the comments guys. 3 and 4 have really split my friends and likers on facebook, with about an even spread. Its the same photo, just with a crop to give a tighter view on the bridge.

thanks for the comments jon i will take them on board. nice to see some positive c&c :)

1,3 and 4 for me. The range of tones are gorgeous. This is a very well excuted set bar the pano one...I just hate them sorry

Why I'm not so for two. It's not got the range of tones as 1,3 and 4. It's missing foreground and the water isn't still enough to give a full reflection of the bridge which IMHO is needed to make this sing

Last edited:
Fantastic shots (y) and I really like the glow on the bridge in the first shot! Quite by accident, when the page opened, it 'cropped' no.1 just above the rocks, leaving the horizon central and the bridge and its shadow mirroring each other.........I thought it looked pretty good! :thinking: :)

Number 3 for me, nice light and foreground. Although I do quite like 1, I'm not too sure about the sun position.

All great but I particuarly love number 2, its almost as though the bridge is superimposed and really stands out. Being picky - I would lose a touch off the bottom of the water though in that one.

Great set (y)

Back