Severn Bridge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edit My Images
Yes
Another shot which turned up from the process of digitising my old negatives and slides.

This was one of the first piers being put into place in the building of the Second Severn Crossing.

Would be interesting to take shot from same position today.

Last edited:
Lovely neutral colours, we don't see that very often in these photoshopped times! Can I ask what film you used?

Thanks for the comment (y)

It was taken with Leica R8/35mm f2 on Fuji Reala.

Scan taken from not very good quality print, so could be much better when I get a decent negative scanner.

Must have slid off the right side, as it's leaning that way:D

Must have slid off the right side, as it's leaning that way:D

Gee, it was the old days before photoshop where one had to stand straight to make sure the picture was straight. Tough old time, that was.

Anyway, thanks for the sarcasm, really appreciated

Both the horizon and crane look perfectly level to me. Nice shot.

If you lot can't see the horizon is out you wanna go to specsavers:shake:

If you lot can't see the horizon is out you wanna go to specsavers:shake:
Nope BRASH... you're not right this time. It's def level. Perhaps you're looking at the hills on the left hand side and thinking they are the water.

Nope BRASH... you're not right this time. It's def level. Perhaps you're looking at the hills on the left hand side and thinking they are the water.

No, I've set the water on the left, not the hills, to the upper edge of my screen (which is straight and level) and at the right hand side the water is a good bit below it. Try it. I couldn't be @rsed arguing.

No, I've set the water on the left, not the hills, to the upper edge of my screen (which is straight and level) and at the right hand side the water is a good bit below it. Try it. I couldn't be @rsed arguing.

Brash, what's the matter with you? Its an old film shot to show the first pier being sunk on the Severn Bridge. If you want to turn it into a Photoshop perfect shot, be my guest. Did you forget to take your medication or what?:razz:

Brash, what's the matter with you? Its an old film shot to show the first pier being sunk on the Severn Bridge. If you want to turn it into a Photoshop perfect shot, be my guest. Did you forget to take your medication or what?:razz:

Shutup, all I said was the horizon wasn't straight and it's not. It's no more sarcastic than calling the damn thing 'Severn Bridge' when the bridge ain't in it. My medication has got sod all to do with it, or you for that matter:nono:

Just relax old chap. Don't get yourself into such a state. I really don't like to see you getting so wound up, particularly if you are on meds. :D

I'm not wound up, I just love the banter, some folk take it too seriously;)

Love these documentative type shots,wish I had made an effort back then
Was this around 92/93 ?

"Aint that the truth. First thing we've agreed on tonight"

It's still bloody squint though, when you gonna straighten it:D

Love these documentative type shots,wish I had made an effort back then
Was this around 92/93 ?

I often think the same myself.. there's always something going on somewhere that could make a unforgettable image. If only I could be there to take it but there's always work, the kids, other things I am meant to be doing. Maybe if I win the lottery... :)

Still squint:D:p

Still squint:D:p

If you've nothing worth contributing, go shove your spirit level where the sun don't shine :cool:

BRASH, your contributions are no longer welcome on my threads. Please do not post again

I'll post when and where I wish, it's not for you to decide. I don't bow to cowardly idle threats from people hiding behind the safety of their keyboard, until the Mods say otherwise.

Last edited:
no, but it IS for me to decide and any more bickering in this thread will result in me making that decision.

Thank you, much appreciated. Hopefully BRASH will respect my request now.

I agree.

As a direct result of this thread, I've decided not to post any more pics and I have deleted all my previously posted pics.

Photography for me is a creative relaxation; I would prefer it to remain so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back