Severn Valley Gala

Edit My Images
Yes
Went along to the Severn Valley for a few hours today and plenty of interesting engines were put through their paces.

_MG_0008copy.jpg

_MG_0037copy.jpg

_MG_0058copy.jpg

_MG_0042copy.jpg

_MG_0083copy.jpg

_MG_0098copy.jpg

Lovely... I adore steam engines. however, they all seem over exposed to me... perhaps its my laptop. :thinking:

Nice set. Particularly enjoyed 3 (N2 0-6-2) - can't see overexposure, just sky blown in 2.

That's a lovely collection of steam-related pictures. My favourite is No 1 due to the way the foliage framed the main subject.

A good collection of photos but the sky has been lost in some of pics.

Hi fordpop, the photos were taken just past Erdington halt, did a little roaming to find different locations so all the photos don't have the same background.

Cheers
Tim

Was that down to the left looking at Erdington Halt as I am looking for different locations for the Diesel gala in a few weeks

Another convert from the Welsh hillsides eh!

Why freeze your arse off waiting for jets when you can walk around the countryside photographing steam trains? ;)

A nice selection of locos you got there.

Just one tip, get a medium NDgrad. filter and then you won't lose the sky and exhaust. (y)

Hi CaptainP!
From Bridgnorth go past Erdington halt for about a 1/4 mile and there's a severe bend in the road as it goes under the railway bridge, pull over on the left or right before the bend, plenty of car parking space and head for the second track on the right, the first is used by anglers heading for the river. At this point you can cross the line and enter a field which provides a few useful angles, must be popular as at one point I counted at least 25 people in the field!
As for your comments Swiss Toni wouldn't say I'm a convert! You still can't beat a good old paraffin burner through those Welsh hills no matter what the weather!
Just out of interest, there was no sky in the morning, just that overcast white mass with the sun directly pointing into the lens trying to shine through, not ideal but I take all your comments on board.

Cheers
Tim

Back