Severn Valley reopens

Edit My Images
Yes
Went down to the Severn Valley Railway this morning as the whole line reopened following the devastating floods of last year. To put it right has cost the best part of 3.5 million!

Regards
Tim

_MG_0030wtmk.jpg

Aww what good news we had a lovely day (pre floods) going from kidderminster to Bridgnorth when we were on holiday near there.

well worth a visit with all those lovely restored stations along the way! not to mention how lovely it is going by steam train.

Lovely photo brings back happy memories!

For 3.5 million, you would have thought they would have bought some new diesel or electric trains with the money ;)

I'd clone the edges of the platform shelter above the Fat Controller, otherwise very good, and I agree, a gritty B&W would work.

Gah, I'd pencilled in this weekend to go and then forgot about it and now have other plans! Great news, it's a lovely visit with great views on the train and lovely walks beside the track.

Like the shot, but have added a bit of noise to the b&w edit, to give it a gritty feel. Possibly a bit to much. Let me know if you want me to take it down.

EDIT also added a slight sepia tone

MG_0030wtmk.jpg

Great shot brings back happy memories pleased to see the line reopened.

Bill

Thanks Tim, that's what I was trying to achieve.

Really like that last shot, very atmospheric

Back