Shadow Heart

Name
Michael
Edit My Images
Yes
Hello Guys

I know this shot has been done a million times before, but it was my turn to give it a go.

Shot with my 24-70mm f2.8L

I tried two different editing styles

in original colours

Ring of Love by Mike-Hamilton Photography, on Flickr

Or in B&W with a touch of selective colour

Ring Selective by Mike-Hamilton Photography, on Flickr

Which one works better, your comments & Critique are welcome

Mike

Prefer the first. Yeah, done to death, but you have still executed it well - they will choose this for the album - guaranteed.

Don't think there is any need for the watermark tho - as good as it is....

'One ring to rule them all' Has a Lord of the Rings feel to it :D Love it! 1st shot with the colour (y)

Cheers, it was my wifes ring.

I watermark my images now as i had a shot stolen off me a while ago and shown as someone elses

You should be proud to have a photograph stolen! - you must be something right!!

Thats fair enough then. Cracking photo

Ian

I prefer the 1st shot, might want to find a book or page(s) that has more about love on the page that eating Breakfast or is says "intolerable"....lol (Thou has the sense of truth)

Like you said, been done a million times, I love creative shadows though, never gets old!

I might have a go at a few of these, just for fun :D

Yes it has been done lots, I think that you could have taken a bit more care of the lining up the ring with the lines of text, as its just a little out, otherwise its quite good (y)

For what its worth Ive also done this shot, and its one of my most stolen images as well, I used the dictionary open at love for my shot though

I prefer the original colour version as well.

As others have said, a different book or page, and a little straightening first would make it a bit better.

I might also add to try it again but with a newer ring that doesn't have as many 'wear and tear' marks on it. This may mean buying the wife a new ring or getting a new wife altogether though. :nono:

Nitpicking, but a better page or a better book, unless there is some hidden meaning. Well executed technically, and there is nothing wrong with practicing popular techniques.

Back