Critique Shadow Stretch Spider

Name
Tim
Edit My Images
Yes
Finally managed to get out for half an hour this morning after putting together a new but rushed diffuser last night, cut from milk bottle. I haven't managed to make a more permanent one I'm happy with, so this one mainly involved a lot of tape. I used a sheet of kitchen roll sandwiched between two layers of packing foam as the diffusion material.

There was hardly anything in the garden, and the leaves were all very dry (it's quite windy atm) so all I found there were bark flies. I did find this spider (Tetragnatha sp.(possibly montana) on the fence, and was able to get a few different compositions:

Single image
Shadow Stretch Spider by Tim.Garlick, on Flickr

5 Images

Single shot

10 images

Really good Tim
am viewing on a small screen but the light looks excellent

Hi Tim.
No 2 is great, and a stack too thats really good as it looks like its in mid stretch or is about to pounce on something.
As always tho all great shots and looks like the diffuser is working ok (y)

These are all nice shots Tim, #2 is the pick of the bunch for me. Diffusion seems to be pretty good as well.(y)

George.

As above diffusion looks good needs a little more tweaking I think as it running a bit hot on #4 but #3 is perfect.

Thanks guys!

No 2 is great, and a stack too thats really good as it looks like its in mid stretch or is about to pounce on something.
Thanks Graham. A little secret is that he(she) was hanging upside down for this shot. I didn't need to rotate the image though as I was holding the camera upside down too, so that's alright isn't it??

As above diffusion looks good needs a little more tweaking I think as it running a bit hot on #4 but #3 is perfect.
Yeah, although I think this is probably one of the better of my recent diffusers it's was only a quick thing, so still got some work to do!

Back