Shadows on Framing

Ok, I'll try and explain the best I can. I created a new 'background layer', got the photo as I wanted it to be, eg size and sharpness etc etc. Then created another background layer. So in effect there are now three copies of this photo on the layers pallette, the background, background copy and background copy 2. On the middle of the three layers I selected to create a canvas size. (I am presuming you know where to go to get these things on the menu so I'll try and keep this 'tutorial' to the basics).

I created the canvas size of 1cm in white. On the top layer I now selected a 3pxl stroke line in black to 'enclose' the picture against the white of the other canvass layer below that we just created. Still on this top layer I then selected to have a drop shadow - from the funny looking f icon on the bottom of the layers pallette.

In this new box there are various sliders and also a circle with a line in that you can move with the mouse to point your shadow around the picture. Once you've made the size and opacity of the shadow just ok it. Then I just added the text layer and moved it to the centre and then flattened the layers down and resized again for this website.

Hopefully you can follow that, I'm not too good at writing 'guides' ;)

Sorry for delay, did not realise some one had replied.

Thanks for the tutorial, will go off and play.
best wishes..

Back