Shakespeare with a difference

kelack

TPer Emerita - But she's back!
Name
Kelly
Edit My Images
Yes
Friends of ours are directing a play (Much Ado About Nothing set after WWII) being held outdoors and they asked me to take photos. I went along to the rehearsals on Tuesday night and got some pictures but wasn't 100% happy with them. Anyway, I've been asked by the other members of the cast if I could do a picture of the cast to present to the two directors on the final night (Saturday)

So what do you think?

Alter_Ego_without_logo.jpg

I'm really miffed actually as they're still coming out soft and my lens is supposed to have been fixed :thinking::shrug:

The light seems a bit strange in some of them - were the rehearsals in the evening? I do like the one on the bottom right.

Yes, it started at 7.30 and went on til 9.30. The one in the top right, I might change actually as it's out of focus and the light is all wrong, it was towards the very end of the play and the spotlights weren't all that bright......

How's this one? Better?

Alter_Ego_without_logo_v2.jpg

I'd say so.

an intersting collage there
not easy when the daylight is fading and you have tungsten light, no doubt filtered!

I bet the directors will be well chuffed - do report back

(hope it stays dry - the forecast dahn sarf is fairly moist!)

Not an easy subject to shoot at all and I think you have done it very well and I much prefer the second version with the stronger images being larger.

Thanks Ali

Just been to have it printed and I've put it in a clip frame for now (so they can change the frame if they want) and it doesn't look too bad. I took it to a photography print shop and they lightened it and sharpened it slightly and he said I was being a tad harsh on myself when I said I wasn't pleased but he said technically I had done all the right things. So I'm feeling a bit happier. Looks better behind glass as well :D

As said, very interesting collage. Very enjoyable to look at too. Seem to capture the moment(s)

Well, just got back from the after show party and the two directors were really pleased with it, plus, all the cast members have asked how to buy the show photos :D:D:D:D:D

Very very chuffed

And I'm booked for their next play :D

Well, just got back from the after show party and the two directors were really pleased with it, plus, all the cast members have asked how to buy the show photos :D:D:D:D:D

Very very chuffed

And I'm booked for their next play :D

Kelack

Good on you .....

Did you produce the collage on the new software you purchased....

Shutterman

Got a free trial in the end :D Might fork out for it though as it's a real handy piece of software ;)

Last edited:
Back