Shameful price gouging

Name
Trevor
Edit My Images
Yes
I wondered if anyone else had noticed key products, like hand washes, being sold on Amazon with a huge mark up? I came across Carex hand wash at over £10 on the Amazon marketplace. Prior to the Pandemic, it was around £2.50.
Which UK sent me an email today on the subject and there’s an email address covid.monitoring@cma.gov.uk to which these sellers can be reported.
Just out of curiosity, do others feel as I do, that this is a shameful activity or am I in the minority?

I do think it's utterly shameful, but then we've had the idea of the supremacy of market forces shoved down our throats for so long...

And... no one's a spiv, they're "entrepreneurs."

Last edited:
4 bog rolls in sainsbury's today- £3.50

Outrageous imho, not sure what they normally charge as I dont normally shop there but surely that's taking the proverbial

4 bog rolls in sainsbury's today- £3.50

Outrageous imho, not sure what they normally charge as I dont normally shop there but surely that's taking the proverbial
I got 9 for £3.75 about 6 weeks ago.
They were quilted and lotioned too.

640x640.jpg

Last edited:
It’s a funny one, you get better listings on some market places for a p&p inclusive price, but even a standard toothpaste tube would be a small parcel with Royal Mail, adding around £3 to the price for second class post, more if you want it recorded delivery, first class or another carrier. It therefore can appear disproportionate if you add postage to a low value item.

great until you pick up some extra /surplus stock and try and clear it through.....

Back