Shanghai - People's Square

Edit My Images
Yes
While waiting for my GLW to get out of hospital, I took a walk in the gardens on People's Square. I didn't have to wait long as the phone went and I was back in another taxi to the hospital. Here's a little of what I saw.

3279622776_2e98b93abd_o.jpg

3279623128_3f7236fc82_o.jpg

3278802569_1db477ed67_o.jpg

Thanks for looking

More good 'uns Russ. Love the reflection in 3.

I've really enjoyed all of the China sets you've posted this week. Sorry I haven't been able to post on them all but I have looked at them.

Its such a different place to the West and I think you have captured that difference very well. A nice mix of ordinary people and places and the more 'touristy', for want of a better word, shots.

Thanks for showing those of us who probably will never visit what an extraordinary place it is.

Andy

Again thanks for sharing these images Russell - very interesting sights you have captured.

More good 'uns Russ. Love the reflection in 3.

I've really enjoyed all of the China sets you've posted this week. Sorry I haven't been able to post on them all but I have looked at them.

Its such a different place to the West and I think you have captured that difference very well. A nice mix of ordinary people and places and the more 'touristy', for want of a better word, shots.

Thanks for showing those of us who probably will never visit what an extraordinary place it is.

Andy

Thanks Andy for all your support and kind words on these threads. China is very different and I would encourage people to go if they can. For me the three most photo friendly cities in order of priority are Xi'an, Beijing and Shanghai. I now need to earn some money so I can find somewhere else to go and take better photographic equipment with me.

Again thanks for sharing these images Russell - very interesting sights you have captured.

Thanks Tom, I am happy to show some of the images I took. I have omitted the people posing for other photographers and the ceramic panels that are found on the walls everywhere.

Lovey images Russell nicely exposed and composed. Really like the reflection shot this time (y)

Lovey images Russell nicely exposed and composed. Really like the reflection shot this time (y)

Thanks Maureen. I do admire your images so I am pleased that some of mine find favour with you. The People's Square is surrounded by great buildings and this one is intriguing. I was pleased to be able to capture it in a reflection as it was proving elusive as a subject.

I've enjoyed your shots too Russell,although I might have missed the post which mentioned which camera you had :thinking:

I'm glad your GLW had a positive experience with the healthcare system and that she has now recovered.Not an ideal way to get "special holiday snaps"

I've enjoyed the quirkier shots that you don't normally see (y)

Where next?

I've enjoyed your shots too Russell,although I might have missed the post which mentioned which camera you had :thinking:

I'm glad your GLW had a positive experience with the healthcare system and that she has now recovered.Not an ideal way to get "special holiday snaps"

I've enjoyed the quirkier shots that you don't normally see (y)

Where next?

Many thanks for sticking with this trail of threads, I was using a G10 for all the images and I was very pleased with its performance in some arduous light conditions. My GLW is almost entirely better, she's going to the gym for two sessions tomorrow. I do try and look for the quirky images, some places don't seem to have quirkier sides. The next destination is Cuba and there I have an advantage as my GLW is a native Spanish speaker.

Back