Share your light painting fun

MWHCVT

In Memoriam
Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
Yes
To break up some of the Astro work as good as it is, lets share your amazing light painting photos...lets see what you've got (y) from light stencils to wire wool and every bit in between...

I'll kick off proceedings with a couple of my own favourites

57/365 (788)
by mwhcvt, on Flickr

And

Sparks Flying
by mwhcvt, on Flickr

So lets see your taken on the fun that is light painting :woot:

Matt

It's nice to see that your getting into the wonders of light painting, you've a nice location for the wirewool, but it's always best to avoid moving the burning spinner, far better end the exposure and then retrieve the spinner

Thanks for the great tip, I am hoping to get out again next weekend in some different locations.

I assume you mean leave it on the floor until the exposure ends??

Thanks for the great tip, I am hoping to get out again next weekend in some different locations.

I assume you mean leave it on the floor until the exposure ends??

Yeah leave it behind where you were spinning from in relation to your camera then it will not be seen, what were you using as your spinner?

These are lovely guys!

Some cracking and inventive use of light painting

That is a fantastic idea Martin, I may have to try that one myself at some point in the future as I love the effect, I hope to see you doing it somewhere a little more interesting soon as I thing that has a lot of potential as a technique

Thanks Matt, it was very windy so just gave it a garden spin out of the wind. I will give it a go in more interesting locations when the wind calms down again, and wear my black out clothing.

Last edited:
Here's a silly one I kept from my College Course a few years back.

An old one from me:

970784_10151767831416882_1987627261_n.jpg

We did some light painting with our Scouts over the last couple of nights. On Wednesday we were out under the moon on bonfire night. Thursday (tonight) was indoors with three cameras in one hall.

Here are some shots done by the scouts (as many as six per shot) using mostly glow sticks.

Helvellen Troop by 1st Hensingham Scouts, on Flickr

Thursday Girls 12 by 1st Hensingham Scouts, on Flickr

Emily-Scot-Max-3 by 1st Hensingham Scouts, on Flickr

This was done by three lads with no adult help using my Olympus Xz-1 compact they are into togging and one does light painting with his dad.

Tom Ben Ross by 1st Hensingham Scouts, on Flickr

Tom Ben Ross 19 by 1st Hensingham Scouts, on Flickr

Tom Ben Ross shots by 1st Hensingham Scouts, on Flickr

Last edited:
Here are a couple from a visit to Ashness Bridge in the Lake District this week....

20141105_210812_8138_LR.jpg

20141105_213936_8153_LR.jpg

There were three of us having a go on the night, but experience was at novice level and as it was bloomin' cold we had to give up before we mastered our orbing and painting techniques.

Actually did a little bit of light painting myself the other night to celebrate my birthday present to myself finally being hung on the wall...a signed print from a friend in the states...hence the red, white and blue

View attachment 25584

But it's something a little out of the ordinary from a light painting standpoint :D

Back