Sharing some photo's of Ironbridge

Name
Steve Green
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are a few photos taken this weekend in Ironbridge, Shropshire.

I think they turned out reasonably well so why not share 'em :)

ironbridge1.jpg

ironbridge2.jpg

ironbridge3.jpg

Well those are some nice photos there. I think they'll take a slight sharpen too to bring out the detail.

Not sure about the border though, a bit distracting for me.

:)

Agree regarding the borders - although I think it does work with the B&W shot.

Like the first shot the most, nice gentle sweeping of the river under the bridge, with the town stepped up the slope looks good.:)

The second feels like any detail is lost due to the distance and mist.

The third is a good shot but doesnt have the details that the first shot did. Seems overall to be flat because its just a face on shot of a town/village, whereas the first pic has alot of details literally built up to make the shot.

All good shots, but definately the first for me:thumb:

I think the first shot would have much more impact if you cropped off the bottom third just below the reflection of the river bank and then converted it to B&W due to the typical British gray sky. I think I would also add a slight gradient to the sky too. There is a great picture in there just waiting to get out though. :)

Like the others, I feel your frames are not adding anything to the photos though, sorry :(

Steve said:
Like the others, I feel your frames are not adding anything to the photos though, sorry :(

No need to apologise :D

Personally, I like the frames. I was trying a few idea's out and thought these were the nicest.........can't say much for the others that I tried :hissyfit:

The pictures are virtually untouched, feel free to have a play with them :)

stevegreen said:
No need to apologise :D
The pictures are virtually untouched, feel free to have a play with them :)

I'll not embarrass myself, people like Bachs are much more skilled with B&W than I and I am sure they will do you the honours ;)

Its not a bad way to learn though Ian, its just that B&W and me are too far apart for me to devote any time to doing it properly. ;)

I think I prefer the colour version. I did make the third one B&W originally to give it an aged look but I missed the glow of the window lights which I think adds a bit of character to the shot. Maybe I'll have a go at making it B&W and then allowing the colour glow to come through. I'm sure there is a way to do it.

The only reason I suggested B&W for the first was due to the gray sky that you obviously had no control over, if you can replace that section with a better sky then keeping it coloured would be a better choice, but to do that means doing it properly and will take considerable skill.

All good practice though ;)

stevegreen said:
I think I prefer the colour version.

Looking at it, I prefer the colour version too...I decided to leave it alone and would have probably tried to bring the colour out a little more.

Other than that I might have gone down the sepia toned aged route as it is a very famous scene.

I've walked through the town and over the bridge and instantly recognised it.

Needed a sky (plus reflection in water), subdued colours elsewhere to allow buildings to stand out, plus different crop :-

ironbridge1copy.jpg

Back