Sharon, Final edit ?

Name
Helen
Edit My Images
No
nm

Last edited:
to me it looks as if the picture is a little unbalanced with all the attention going to the right of the picture. On here with the picture full size holding a sheet of paper 3 inches in from the left to blank out that part, it for me at least looks better overall

to me it looks as if the picture is a little unbalanced with all the attention going to the right of the picture. On here with the picture full size holding a sheet of paper 3 inches in from the left to blank out that part, it for me at least looks better overall

So portrait crop?

Nice shot - I like the slightly cooling treatment of the 'after' edit but prefer the background of 'before'. The crop's not quite right for me - not only is she to one side of the frame, she's looking slightly out of it which exacerbates the problem a little.

Hope you don't mind, it's a bit of a cliche but I've recropped the second image to place the intersection of the 'thirds' lines directly on the bridge of the nose to see whether that works any better (and then rather crudely blurred the background).

Ideally I'd bring the top edge down but doing so leaves it unbalanced unless the bottom comes up too, and then that cuts across the chest in an unhappy fashion.

Sharon by juggler100, on Flickr

Umm...
I'm confused.

The second (apparently the after) shot is looser than the first (apparently the before) shot.
Are they in the wrong order or have you added in extra background?

I like this shot, Helen, it's definitely one of your better ones.

So portrait crop?

your decision thats just my opinion on the photo you posted

Ok thanks

Nice shot - I like the slightly cooling treatment of the 'after' edit but prefer the background of 'before'. The crop's not quite right for me - not only is she to one side of the frame, she's looking slightly out of it which exacerbates the problem a little.

Hope you don't mind, it's a bit of a cliche but I've recropped the second image to place the intersection of the 'thirds' lines directly on the bridge of the nose to see whether that works any better (and then rather crudely blurred the background).

Ideally I'd bring the top edge down but doing so leaves it unbalanced unless the bottom comes up too, and then that cuts across the chest in an unhappy fashion.

Sharon by juggler100, on Flickr
See I like the bokeh more that the blur

Umm...
I'm confused.

The second (apparently the after) shot is looser than the first (apparently the before) shot.
Are they in the wrong order or have you added in extra background?
They are both edits of the original, sorry for the confusion

I like this shot, Helen, it's definitely one of your better ones.

Thank Ged :)

Huh...that makes no sense.
How can you have a before and after if both of them are edits?
Which one is the original?
Or is neither the original?

Well as the title says final edit ..... again sorry if you were confused

Last edited:
:shrug::shrug::shrug::thinking::thinking::thinking::shrug::shrug: ?
Sorry replaced as forgot a couple of things..

sharon6copy by HS-uk, on Flickr

Last edited:
Out of all of them, the very first one is the one I like best, a nice balance to it for me.

The eyes grab the attention, in the second the bokeh balls grab my attention.

Out of all of them, the very first one is the one I like best, a nice balance to it for me.

The eyes grab the attention, in the second the bokeh balls grab my attention.

Hmm sort of understand that, Bokeh v blur :thinking::shrug:
Here is with a bit of blur

Sharon61b by HS-uk, on Flickr

I cleaned the last one up a bit to make her more as the focus... I hope ? and think I really like it *at last*

H

Last edited:
Still I am drawn to the Bokeh, much prefer the blur myself:)

Grrr!

I'm done with this now as she has seen it and loves it With the bokeh :)

H

Bokeh wins hands down!

I actually rather like most of the tree going too... sits better i think :)

Bokeh wins hands down!

I actually rather like most of the tree going too... sits better i think :)

Thanks
Yes I think it works now
Time to move on to others....

H

Much has been said about the bokeh and the tree.

I think one of the strengths of this photo is the expression on Sharon's face. She looks thoughtful and it works well.

There's a dot on her nose, might be worth cloning it out, she might even thank you and make it unnecessary in future:)

There's a dot on her nose, might be worth cloning it out, she might even thank you and make it unnecessary in future:)

That's a nose piercing and I'd be pretty sure that Sharon knows it's there ;)

Sorry did not mean to bring this up again, had 2 windows open and wrote in the wrong thread

Back