Sharp edge

Name
Jamie Smith
Edit My Images
Yes
Now whilst I realise this isn't the best photo ever, as an image I love it so thought i'd share. Took it on my phone :D
It's sharp edge, up Blencathra/ Saddleback for anyone interested!! Note the guy at the start of the edge, makes the image for me giving it some scale!!

blen1of1800x600.jpg

Nice shot, quite a hairy accent esp. this time of the year....(y)

It is indeed. Alot of fun though. Unfortunately I don't get many oppertunities to get shots like these while out walking, the lad I go walking with likes to march :(

It is indeed. Alot of fun though. Unfortunately I don't get many oppertunities to get shots like these while out walking, the lad I go walking with likes to march :(

I know the feeling well, so I just run along with the pack & I just take my small pocket Canon`s for the photos of the hike. If I want to take `shots` Ill go on my own so I dont hold anyone up and take all day & into the night if I like. (y)

Yeah I try and go alone, but to be honest I miss the company if going on a big one!!

Its a great shot considering its taken on a phone. I like the composition. Ive been up there but was never brave enough to tackle that bit.

It's not nearly as bad or severe as it looks!!

I REALLY want to get up Blencathra, I must admit sharp edge always worries me a little, it looks terrifying!!
I think its a good shot, makes me want to be there!!! (y)

i'll give you a bell next time i'm heading up (y)

..quite a hairy accent esp. this time of the year....(y)

Your not kidding- been up there in full winter/ice conditions, crampons & ice axes required (back in the 80's when we still had proper Winters). Looked a bit more like this:
blenhall_19.jpg

On stern Blencathra’s perilous height
The winds are tyrannous and strong;
And flashing forth unsteady light
From stern Blencathra’s skiey height,
As loud the torrents throng!

Beneath the moon, in gentle weather,
They bind the earth and sky together.
But oh! the sky and all its forms, how quiet!
The things that seek the earth, how full of noise and riot!

Samuel Taylor Coleridge,

Nice photo BTW.

A sony erricsson something or other it will have been, was taken a bit back, just adjusted the colours in ps as they were a bit washed out, the camera phone isn't that good!! Oh and sharpened a bit

Your not kidding- been up there in full winter/ice conditions, crampons & ice axes required (back in the 80's when we still had proper Winters). Looked a bit more like this:
blenhall_19.jpg

Samuel Taylor Coleridge,

Nice photo BTW.

Nice shot. Nothing better than getting geared up and going in the snow. Go up Helvellyn via striding edge as soon as some decent snows ben put down, makes it alot more fun!!

Samuel Taylor Coleridge,

Nice photo BTW.

I was up there about 6 yr ago (In March) and we thought we will do a quicky on the way home so we legged it up Sharpedge only for us to get stuck on the rev. slab... ice, I couldnt go back it bl***y started to rain so we crawled across ............. :wacky: `the only way is up`

Hehe, that's the worst bit, getting across the edge then that's where you need hands and feet!!

The guy, as you say really does add to the scale of things here.....and it's a very good shot considering what you took it with.
It's not nearly as bad or severe as it looks!!
I suffer from vertigo REALLY BADLY and just wouldn't be up there regardless of what you say!!!!

Great shot though.

Back