Critique Sharp

cheers matt yeah see where your coming from they were in my wifes pen holder and i didn't check how sharp the pencils were. i just thought it was the macro distorting them but maybe just a bit blunt :)

not sharp all over...use a macro at smallest aperture...and a tripod
then watch for great results
cheers
geoff
ps was this a flat field dedicated macro...prime lens that is?

not sharp all over...use a macro at smallest aperture...and a tripod
then watch for great results
cheers
geoff
ps was this a flat field dedicated macro...prime lens that is?

cheers geoff yeah a sigma 105 2.8

Nice and sharp on the scalpel but lost the sharpness on the pencils - not sure that was the intention? Perhaps a wider depth of field along with a slightly tighter composition would help.

Did you use a flash at all?
I',m just thinking of getting this lens and a raynox 250 to have a macro play. Think it'll be a real challenge too looking at some exifs and dof on flickr
This was ISO 2000 at f16 and still a quite slow shutter.
I'm quite intrigued by the macro world and looking round at the macro forum at some of the set ups and standard of work is astonishing, especially when stacking is used
I never thought I'd want to take the 24-70 off the camera again, but I think I've caught a macro bug and neeeeeeed to get closer :)
Lets hope the sig105 and raynox feeds the hunger

Did you use a flash at all?
I',m just thinking of getting this lens and a raynox 250 to have a macro play. Think it'll be a real challenge too looking at some exifs and dof on flickr
This was ISO 2000 at f16 and still a quite slow shutter.
I'm quite intrigued by the macro world and looking round at the macro forum at some of the set ups and standard of work is astonishing, especially when stacking is used
I never thought I'd want to take the 24-70 off the camera again, but I think I've caught a macro bug and neeeeeeed to get closer :)
Lets hope the sig105 and raynox feeds the hunger
no flash just handheld with window light i had literally had it a couple of hours when i gave this a go just experimenting with it must get the tripod out now and give it a serious go (y)

Back