Shaun of the Dead....with Scottish people

Name
Dan
Edit My Images
No
Was anyone else in Manchester last night??? I have never seen anything like it! You literally couldn't move for pished up Glaswegians, one of the most bizzare things I've ever seen in my life, seriously.

Where are the photos you ask? I had actually done a wee job in Manchester yesterday, and had my gear with me, but I've had a bit of bad luck equipment wise recentlly and didn't dare get it out on my walk for the train. Sad but true.

Didn't know whether to be a bit scared, or join in to be honest. I'm not surprised it kicked off though - there's no way you can have that many drunken Scots in one vicinity, and it not go a bit wrong.

Hey I lock myself up at the weekends here, it's crazy!!! :wacky:

I thought Edinburgh was ok (I take it that's where you are given your forum name :)?) Only been a couple of times but seemed pretty relaxed to me.

Don't suppose anyone was brave enough to have any pics from yesterday have they, would love to see some...

Funny thing is Glasgow is pretty safe by national comparisons. I was out with my camera late one night in Glasgow. An Old Firm match was just finished and trouble was expected. As I was taking a snap of the Art Museum complete with tripod a group of drunken fans walked past. I was a bit nervous and expecting some reaction. Sure enough one quipped as he passed, "Nice mobile mate!".

I ****ed myself for hours over that one. :LOL:

Shifting to out of focus :)

I thought Edinburgh was ok (I take it that's where you are given your forum name :)?) Only been a couple of times but seemed pretty relaxed to me.

Don't suppose anyone was brave enough to have any pics from yesterday have they, would love to see some...

I don't think its as mental or violent as some places, and I hope this doesnt come across as elitist or snobbish, but there is a very scary underclass in Edinburgh - the kind that would chop your kids head off for a score, no question. I should know, I lived in Broomhouse for the 1st 18 years of my life. It's nickname is Little Bosnia and has been for 15 years.

Saying that, I have a friend that lived in Birmingham his whole life, tells me you can't walk up town on a saturday night without getting mugged or robbed. Sure he is slightly overstating it, but he does say its a very scary place.

Guess thats the UK for you, a right old mix of good and bad regardless of where you are.

Gary.

When I lived outside Glasgow, Edinburgh was referred to as

"Fur Coat, nae Knickers "

:LOL:

I don't think its as mental or violent as some places, and I hope this doesnt come across as elitist or snobbish, but there is a very scary underclass in Edinburgh - the kind that would chop your kids head off for a score, no question. I should know, I lived in Broomhouse for the 1st 18 years of my life. It's nickname is Little Bosnia and has been for 15 years.

Saying that, I have a friend that lived in Birmingham his whole life, tells me you can't walk up town on a saturday night without getting mugged or robbed. Sure he is slightly overstating it, but he does say its a very scary place.

Guess thats the UK for you, a right old mix of good and bad regardless of where you are.

Gary.

Where aboot in Broomhoose Gary, had cousins used to live in the grove and the walk, mind you that was back in the 60's early 70s, probably before your time.

Where aboot in Broomhoose Gary, had cousins used to live in the grove and the walk, mind you that was back in the 60's early 70s, probably before your time.

I was born in 1980....:whistle: :D

Regardless, the grove I avoided like the killer plague, I got beat up everytime I went within 50 metres of it.

I lived on....

• Broomhouse Street South (5 years)
  • Broomhouse Place North (3 years)
  • Broomhouse Bank (10 years)

It has REALLY gone to the dogs mate, it really has. Got to be one of the worst estates in Scotland.

Gary.

gotta love those sweaty socks.... and u gotta admit... they know how to party and have a good time

gotta love those sweaty socks.... and u gotta admit... they know how to party and have a good time

Well if you call swallowing 20 assorted pills which probably contain 90% dog poop, and downing 3 bottles of MD 2020 fun....

Who's organising? :D

I was born in 1980....:whistle: :D

Regardless, the grove I avoided like the killer plague, I got beat up everytime I went within 50 metres of it.

I lived on....

• Broomhouse Street South (5 years)
  • Broomhouse Place North (3 years)
  • Broomhouse Bank (10 years)

It has REALLY gone to the dogs mate, it really has. Got to be one of the worst estates in Scotland.

Gary.

Haha that was the posh end of the scheme, I used to get the same until they found out I had rellies in the grove, suddenly treated with respect after the guilty ones that beat me got found. :LOL:

ill bring the 2020 gary u bring the scottish girls :) just one request that they all have teeth :)

im not bothered if they are their own teeth just as long as they have teeth :p

Was anyone else in Manchester last night??? I have never seen anything like it! You literally couldn't move for pished up Glaswegians, one of the most bizzare things I've ever seen in my life, seriously.

Where are the photos you ask? I had actually done a wee job in Manchester yesterday, and had my gear with me, but I've had a bit of bad luck equipment wise recentlly and didn't dare get it out on my walk for the train. Sad but true.

Didn't know whether to be a bit scared, or join in to be honest. I'm not surprised it kicked off though - there's no way you can have that many drunken Scots in one vicinity, and it not go a bit wrong.

They were Rangers fans and should not be associated with normal Scottish people tbh.

They were Rangers fans and should not be associated with normal Scottish people tbh.

Probably Celtic fans incognito trying to cause trouble to ruin our reputation.
Im sure i spotted loads of Mono Brows on the News today when they were showing the trouble after the game. :LOL::LOL:

Back