Sheffield Forgemasters

Name
Nige
Edit My Images
No
A few shots of Sheffield Forgemasters on a lovely autumn morning.This roll of expired film worked especially well, I think.

Nikon F80
Nikkor 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 D
Trupint FG+ (expired 2003 shot @100asa)
Lab Developed.
Home scanned and converted with Negative Lab Pro

Forgemasters by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Forgemasters-2 by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Forgemasters-4 by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Forgemasters-6 by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Forgemasters-5 by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Forgemasters-3 by fishyfish_arcade, on Flickr

Very nice set of architectural style captures Nige, they all look pretty good to me.

As always a really nice set of images from you Nige you are a true master of Film ! I can remember for 6/7 months every day taking Machinary out of Sheffield there was 3 or 4 of us on most days, this went on for years across the North of Britain. We would bring it down to the Midlands where it was put in shipping containers bound for Pakistan,India or China. We could all see what was coming).The first time I met the guy from Pakistan ( He always paid cash) I picked up a full Artic Load of Loose drive belts With no identifiers at all. He told me that he had people in Pakistan who would sort and document everyone for resale ( the Brits wouldn't have bothered) there were many many thousands of them ! I think it is really important to document industrial history it is just as important as anything else, for some areas even more.

Last edited:
As always a really nice set of images from you Nige you are a true master of Film ! I can remember for 6/7 months every day taking Machinary out of Sheffield there was 3 or 4 of us on most days, this went on for years across the North of Britain. We would bring it down to the Midlands where it was put in shipping containers bound for Pakistan,India or China. We could all see what was coming).The first time I met the guy from Pakistan ( He always paid cash) I picked up a full Artic Load of Loose drive belts With no identifiers at all. He told me that he had people in Pakistan who would sort and document everyone for resale ( the Brits wouldn't have bothered) there were many many thousands of them ! I think it is really important to document industrial history it is just as important as anything else, for some areas even more.

Thanks Brad. Flattery will get you everywhere! :LOL:

I agree about documenting this stuff. Everything changes and it's good (and fascinating) to have a record of how things once were. This part of Sheffield has been completely transformed (and re-transformed) over the past five decades.

Great results from 'TRUPRINT' outdated which I find is the VERY WORSE EMULSION when it is OUTDATED ! I was given loads of Truprint 200 and 400 and on testing all 'Greened' and useless. Then any other Truprint I get outdated is the same !

Great results from 'TRUPRINT' outdated which I find is the VERY WORSE EMULSION when it is OUTDATED ! I was given loads of Truprint 200 and 400 and on testing all 'Greened' and useless. Then any other Truprint I get outdated is the same !
Thanks Pete. The lady I got it from told me it had been in their fridge in the garage from new, which probably helped. I’ve still got a roll of Tudor film from the same person.

Back