Sheffield Ski Village (Urbex)

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Well this is my first real attempt at Urbex, so please bear with me as i didn't spend as long as i would have liked setting up the shots, but i got a few which i thought i would share for some c&c

For those who don't know, the Sheffield Ski Village burned down in April of this year, it now seems to have become a dumping ground for all manor of things

DSC_4332 by RichPICings, on Flickr

DSC_4353 by RichPICings, on Flickr

And a couple of mild HDR's (comments welcomed on the HDR effect, i hope i have reigned it in on these)

DSC_4404_HDR_1 by RichPICings, on Flickr

DSC_4425_HDR by RichPICings, on Flickr

last one (with the tractor) works by far the best for me, face on the excavator gave me a smile, but not much more.

Then had a think about why thetractor one works better than the others, and its down to the basic rules (I think). Focal point (tractor) on thirds, leading lines from bottom left in (handrails on pergola), further interest midground (adventure mountain) and the cityscape / clouds in the background.

Going back to "the rules", maybe the tank doesnt work as it is too central to the frame, and has nowhere to fire its missiles to(?).

the ski lift pulleys are on a third, but maybe that the cables draw you out of the frame, rather than into it(?).

Maybe thinking too much now, but all sharp, level, colourful and not overly HDR'd.

Cheers Graham, some really good feedback there, thanks (y)

I'm certainly going to have to make another trip there and take my time a bit more next time

Back