Shelsley Walsh Hillclimb

Edit My Images
Yes
A few i took at the weekend, c & c wanted to improve please.

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

IMG_9643.jpg

IMG_9660.jpg

IMG_9677.jpg

IMG_9717.jpg

IMG_9719.jpg

IMG_9798.jpg

Cheers

Rich

Nice series. I particularly like number 4. Nice car, well caught. There's a nice amount of movement in the bright white wheels.

Number 5 (Aston) looks a bit darker than the rest of the series to me?

Last edited:
The first three look vry burred to me. a higher shutter would have helped.

4 is nice

5 could do with a slower shutter

last lot are very nice indeed

Hey Teaboy nice set.
The one that stands out to me for improvement is no.5, looks underexposed here but also looks like you fixed that for the others.

How are you editing these? It looks to me that you aren't doing any, and if that's true it makes the series even more impressive.

The Keith Edwards shot is a stunner, great use of the tarmac in the shot adds to the composition, no.2 works well too I think. Also no.7, the sharpest part is the drivers helmet (ooo er?) which is something I think you should be looking to repeat in the future (y)

Another possible tip is to use a polariser to reduce the glare from the windscreen. Just occasionally you then get a great facial expression from the driver.

I think a good tip with motorsport photography is to always leave a nice amount of space ahead of the car and not to crop too tightly like in alot of the shots :)

Shelsley is such a 'pretty' location, don't forget to go wider...(y)
2778553875_3a9ea7e1be.jpg

Also, try not to take the same shot from the same place, with the same lens, every time. You do have some variety, but there are a lot more shots you can take?
2778515775_3e18869a7e.jpg

2779408102_cb65f354fb.jpg

2778529185_f2ddb7882e.jpg

All taken on my first visit, on the same day.

Back