Shenyang - Ice and Snow

Edit My Images
Yes
We went to the mountains for the Ice and Snow exhibition. The temperature was -12C at midday, so we dressed up warmly. The lake has frozen over, so the Chinese use it for an ice and snow show. Here are some images that caught my eye.

#1 - simple fun, but always hard to get an image of a Chinese person on their own

3279565180_bab5de4f78_o.jpg

#2 - one of the ice sculptures with a child for a sense of scale

3279565274_06ba16b7c1_o.jpg

#3 - another ice sculpture, there were many more and most of them had power lines behind them

3279565440_967c1897ef_o.jpg

#4 - Chinese version of a snowman, but a bit bigger

3279565672_516f46bb4b_o.jpg

Thanks for looking

Do like this series with the tones and detail you have captured.

China is a long way to go for ice and snow though - there's been plenty in the UK :D

Do like this series with the tones and detail you have captured.

China is a long way to go for ice and snow though - there's been plenty in the UK :D

Thanks Tom for the kind words. The Chinese seem better able to take advantage of the ice and snow. I am told that the ice sculptures up in Harbin are staggering. Mind you it is -30C up there at this time of year.

Love the first shot and the sculptures, especially the 2nd one, are amazing!

Nicely done Russell :)

Amazing stuff, the photos are pretty good to;)

Really like the last one, the sky has some interest in it as well as the sculpture.

Looks like something well worth seeing.

Love the first shot and the sculptures, especially the 2nd one, are amazing!

Nicely done Russell :)

Thanks John, the next round is on me. I just need to be in your neck of the woods. We had considered going to Harbin where the ice sculptures are fabulous, but it's 6 hours from Shenyang and we had a family banquet to go to each evening, hosted by a different aunt each evening.

Amazing stuff, the photos are pretty good to;)

Really like the last one, the sky has some interest in it as well as the sculpture.

Looks like something well worth seeing.

Thanks very much. I seemed to find either totally blue or totally grey skies. I would have really liked a good old fashioned British Summer sky with blue and white clouds drifting across it. I think it was about -12C when we went here, but lots of blue above.

Back