Shieldaig

Name
Scott
Edit My Images
No
A wee set of pictures from a recent trip to Torridon during a Highland gathering of photographers.
I think everyone had a fantastic week, I certainly did.
These are from around the Shieldaig area, all within walking distance of the pub. :)

Shieldaig.JPG

Shieldaig II.JPG

Shieldaig III.JPG

I like this set a lot.
The first has a very "painterly" feel to it, and I suspect it'd look rather handsome as a large canvas.

I agree with Ruth - the first is by far the best. The rocks in the water framed by the trees with the touch of light on them, the texture in the sky, and the overall colour, is stunning. I would be very, very happy to have captured an image like that. Is this Shieldag on the south side of Loch Torridon? I know another one a bit further north but I don't think these are there. I shall be up north of Torridon later this year - can't wait.

Not even going to pick a best off as these as equally very appealing to my eye and from a wonderful part of Scotland.

I like this set a lot.
The first has a very "painterly" feel to it, and I suspect it'd look rather handsome as a large canvas.
Thank you, yes that first one will be getting printed, probably print the last one too.

I agree with Ruth - the first is by far the best. The rocks in the water framed by the trees with the touch of light on them, the texture in the sky, and the overall colour, is stunning. I would be very, very happy to have captured an image like that. Is this Shieldag on the south side of Loch Torridon? I know another one a bit further north but I don't think these are there. I shall be up north of Torridon later this year - can't wait.
It's about there, north of Shieldaig around the peninsula. Not very far from the village, all within walking distance.

Not even going to pick a best off as these as equally very appealing to my eye and from a wonderful part of Scotland.
Thanks, my first visit to Torridon and I loved it. So diverse with trees, mountains, rivers, lochs and coastal locations to shoot all in one day. We barely scratched the surface in a week.

Back