Shimoda alternatives

Name
Ian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi All, does anyone have any alternatives to the shimoda bags which are more reasonably priced? I'd like something which is ergonomically better for hiking long distances, may just have to revert to a hiking pack with an insert...

I have an Osprey Kamber 42 with an insert. Mainly because it's rear opening. It's more comfortable than any Lowepro etc I've owned and tried. It's not as comfortable as the AG65 though! But I guess that's to be expected, the AG just wraps around you!

I also have an old Manfrotto Off Road? I think? It's more of a hiking bag, with a mesh back and a frame I think, but it's a side access one. Which I sometimes found fiddly depending on what gear I had.

FStop Gear and Mindshift are the main ones that come to mind. I also like my Evoc bag, but they are tricky to get hold of now that they don't have a UK distributor.

I have 4 Shimoda bags and 3 f stop ones

and I would not consider any for a long hike personally

not when I have an Osprey bag and a BYOB insert

I too have a Kamber but prefer the Stratos and similar with the suspended backs

Dave

Last edited:
I'm currently using a Deuter Freerider 30 with a BYOB10 DSLR insert. It's designed for ski backpacking so has zipped rear entry. Both Deuter and Osprey make very comfortable packs

I'm currently using a Deuter Freerider 30 with a BYOB10 DSLR insert. It's designed for ski backpacking so has zipped rear entry. Both Deuter and Osprey make very comfortable packs
This looks promising thank you

Back